IU/MSU to kick at 3:30p (EDT)

milehiiu

I would love to steal this game.  The way Wisconsin has destroyed us the last 10 years, I don't see us with a chance in that one.  If we lose this weekend and against Wisc, that gives us a small margin for error to make a bowl.  We'll likely need at least 2 road wins to make a bowl.  We've got a good chance in all of them, but you never know.   Let's come out hot and take this one.

57 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would love to steal this game.  The way Wisconsin has destroyed us the last 10 years, I don't see us with a chance in that one.  If we lose this weekend and against Wisc, that gives us a small margin for error to make a bowl.  We'll likely need at least 2 road wins to make a bowl.  We've got a good chance in all of them, but you never know.   Let's come out hot and take this one.

Before MSU beat Michigan, we were actually given a higher chance to win this game than MSU. (According to ESPN Football Power Index)

On 10/15/2017 at 11:23 PM, KDB said:

Before MSU beat Michigan, we were actually given a higher chance to win this game than MSU. (According to ESPN Football Power Index)

You always have to be careful with those “chances” when you factor in teams like Charleston. Some rely on pure numbers and don’t take strength of schedule in account. I have not looked at MSU’s played opponents and know nothing about the espn power index but would be cautious with my money on those type ratings. Here is a fun fact: if Indiana were to win this weekend they will have two QB’s on their roster who have beaten MSU as a ranked opponent. I would bet that has never been the case before.

When I was a student at IU, the Hoosiers beat MSU, three years in a row.  1967,1968, and 1969. All with the same QB.  Harry Gonzo. Granted MSU was unranked those three years.  However, that was back in the day when the Big Ten had a crazy rule of not having to alternate sites.  So, IU won all three of those Old Spitoon games on the road. 

• milehiiu locked this topic
  • milehiiu pinned, unpinned, pinned, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived