Alford fired....Hoiberg to UCLA?

KDB

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Why can't you explain your position? Is it that hard to defend or is it that non-existent? 

I've explained it.  You're being ridiculous.  You're manufactured a controversy where none existed.  Now you are going to be #2 on my ignore list.  Congratulations.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I've explained it.  You're being ridiculous.  You're manufactured a controversy where none existed.  Now you are going to be #2 on my ignore list.  Congratulations.

Good for me, glad the threshold for being ignored is calling someone out on an inappropriate comment. 

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It was calling an animal more enlightened than President Obama. 

When it comes to sports prognostication the animals might be better than all of us. 

My wife being a coaches wife understands the game but at NCAA pool time she picks teams by their colors and mascots.  She has won our pool 3 out of 5 years and finished in top 5 percent last year on ESPN bracket challenge. I really think you were just looking for something that is not there IMO. You are entitled to yours and I respect it not agree but respect it.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

When it comes to sports prognostication the animals might be better than all of us. 

My wife being a coaches wife understands the game but at NCAA pool time she picks teams by their colors and mascots.  She has won our pool 3 out of 5 years and finished in top 5 percent last year on ESPN bracket challenge. I really think you were just looking for something that is not there IMO. You are entitled to yours and I respect it not agree but respect it.

I will never forget the woman that picked the final four that consisted of a 1 seed, a 5 seed, and 2 eight seeds.  She won a truck and received marraige proposals as a result.

Her method for picking MSU, Florida, Wisconsin and North Carolina....  She felt bad for one because they lost their bowl game, liked another because a parent was an alum and the other two schools were picked for similar reasons which I cannot remember at this time.

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Not an overreaction at all. I don't find comparing President Obama to an animal to be remotely funny. You think that's fun?

Since I was the one that made the post, and since you are clearly bothered by it and are taking it so seriously, I’ll respond.

I did not compare Obama to an animal. My opinion is that he did/does not have the credentials for ESPN or any media outlet to fawn over him and his bracket picks. Because they chose to do so, and knowing that there was an agenda behind that decision, I chose to post another media driven story, made in fun, to contrast and show the silliness over the media.

As seems to be the case way to much for my liking in today’s society, you chose to play the “offended” card and make an issue about something that isn’t.

I also find your stance curious in that just a few posts prior, you made reference to Alford and “the devil.”

Oh well, back to less nonsensical things 

I don't know anything about the Obama/animals debate, and agree that it's kind of stupid to even ask a sitting president a question like that, but my favorite was when Ronald Reagan was asked for his pick in '81, and he said, "I think it's Indiana, but for now, get your foot off my I.V. tube, go back out to the waiting room, and I'll let you know for sure when they get the rest of those bullets out of my lungs".😄

46 minutes ago, BDB said:

Hoosier fans do NOT regard the tourney champion as the conference champions.  However, while at Iowa he claimed to have 2 conference championships.

The fact of the matter is the B1G's tournament winner gets the automatic bid to the NCAAT.  The regular season champion does not.  

36 minutes ago, rico said:

The fact of the matter is the B1G's tournament winner gets the automatic bid to the NCAAT.  The regular season champion does not.  

Ask any Hoosier fan which they would rather have. It’s not me saying this. It’s the Hoosier fans.   I am a greedy, I want both. 

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You don’t have to ask any Hoosier fans. You can just ask the Big Ten what they recognize as the conference champion. 

I would still take a regular season championship over a BTT championship any day of the week.  It shows who played the best over a whole season and not 3 days.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

So why does the B1G have a tournament?

Conference tournaments are stupid.  And, I'm not just talking about the Big ten.  I'm talking about all of them.  Do the Reds get invited to play in an NL Central tournament at the end of the season?  Are the Raiders given a second chance to weasel their way into the NFL playoffs?  Does the Jamaican bobsled team get a do-over in the Olympics?  No, of course not.  But, come March, Rutgers and Illinois will get a chance to totally make the Big Ten regular season irrelevant.   .  

Count me as one that would rather have a regular season title 500X more than a BTT title.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Conference tournaments are stupid.  And, I'm not just talking about the Big ten.  I'm talking about all of them.  Do the Reds get invited to play in an NL Central tournament at the end of the season?  Are the Raiders given a second chance to weasel their way into the NFL playoffs?  Does the Jamaican bobsled team get a do-over in the Olympics?  No, of course not.  But, come March, Rutgers and Illinois will get a chance to totally make the Big Ten regular season irrelevant.   .  

Count me as one that would rather have a regular season title 500X more than a BTT title.  

I didn't say I liked them.  I thought I said that earlier.  The point is that it is the automatic bid.  So it is pretty damn important no matter what I or anybody else thinks.  Pay close attention to the Pac-12 this year.

8 hours ago, rico said:

I didn't say I liked them.  I thought I said that earlier.  The point is that it is the automatic bid.  So it is pretty damn important no matter what I or anybody else thinks.  Pay close attention to the Pac-12 this year.

Not to mention the BTT winner gets all of the press clippings since it is so close to Selection Sunday. The tourney winner is who they all talk about. It's almost as if the regular season conference champion is an after thought.

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not to mention the BTT winner gets all of the press clippings since it is so close to Selection Sunday. The tourney winner is who they all talk about. It's almost as if the regular season conference champion is an after thought.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Count me in the crowd as someone who cares less about Big Ten Tourney. I'll take  regular season title all day long. 20 games vs 3? No brainer for me. 

The regular season would be a lot more important if it was a true round robin but it's not.  A team could play IU, UM, and MSU twice while only playing Rutgers, Illinois, and PSU once.  It really doesn't tell us who the best team is.

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The regular season would be a lot more important if it was a true round robin but it's not.  A team could play IU, UM, and MSU twice while only playing Rutgers, Illinois, and PSU once.  It really doesn't tell us who the best team is.

And an upset in tournament does? Not trying to be argumentative but playing 20 conf games is far more fair to who the best team is vs one team who has one bad game in a tourney and another team benefits. 

Archived