Penn State Game Thread

I’ll take a 4 point halftime lead given the start we had to the game.  First half thoughts:

- Romeo took over that half.  Good to see him carry the team when we are stuck in a rut.

- Moore player well but shows a lack of experience.  He needs to play to start the second half.

- Thank goodness PSU had a poor outing at the line in that first half.  Limit the second chance points and lock them down.

- Morgan needs to go to work on the block and let the game come to him.  Kick it out when it’s not there and take what the D will give you.

- 3 point shooting was a touch better, but we can’t fall in love with it.  Sprinkle in the mid range shots a bit to keep them from packing the paint on defense.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REALLY HAPPY for Moore's coming out party.   Davis played well as well.  Smith continues in his funk and needs to sit.  Green and McBob seem to be coming around.  Romeo is continuing to develop into the Superstar he will become--taking team on his back.  D was lock down after first time out.  Not understanding some of the disgruntled attitudes of some tonight.  

Go Hoosiers!  Get our first road win.  

Care to define that for those of us who don't live in the Hoosier state

Opponents fear us. Children cry when they hear our name.  Women flee for their lives. Dogs run in terror with their tails between their legs. Mother's hide their children under the beds and in the barns.  Men urinate down their legs when they hear the whisper of 'hoosiers"...

At least that is my humble opinion.

2 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

REALLY HAPPY for Moore's coming out party.   Davis played well as well.  Smith continues in his funk and needs to sit.  Green and McBob seem to be coming around.  Romeo is continuing to develop into the Superstar he will become--taking team on his back.  D was lock down after first time out.  Not understanding some of the disgruntled attitudes of some tonight.  

Go Hoosiers!  Get our first road win.  

For me, the slow start didn’t bode well but the defense toughened up (minus a few mental lapses) and kept us in it until Romeo got going.  I would honestly like to get Morgan more involved in the post and take advantage of his uncanny ability to kick it out when doubled.

However, I would like to see more movement without the ball to start the second half.  We started out with a “4 out 1 in” approach and were ball watching too much.  Set a few back picks and cut on pass breaks to break their pressure in the half court.

Archived