Penn St. Post game

Indykev

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad that one is over! On to the next one. I can’t help but think Justin Smith is gettting to play to try and get confidence. His athleticism is clear but he doesn’t play like there is a defense on the floor. Why didn’t green play in the second half? He jump started them in the first half. Doesn’t seem like smith and green are getting similar treatment.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I spent most of the game in the car listening to Fisch while taking my daughter to and from different practices.  We did well.  The parts of the game I saw on TV?  The 9-0 run to start the game and the 10-1 run ( I think) to end the game.  

Guess you shouldn't watch any more. 

This season is r we minding me of my beloved 1983 White Sox and their slogan - Winning Ugly

3 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

Great road win.  I feel like Archie is still trying to figure out the line up.  Love RP and how he played in crunch time.  JS has to get out of his funk.  I just don’t feel like they are a cohesive group yet.  

Line ups are hard when you dont know what you are going to get from curtain guys from game to game.

My thoughts on the game today:

+ Free throw shooting was much better tonight.  Clutch misses made it close at the end though.

+ Phinisee played well tonight on the road in conference and is a freshman.  Really like his upside.

+ Welcome to the game, Clifton Moore!  He had a good showing in limited minutes...just needs to knock off the game rust if he keeps it up.

+ A good plus:  it’s a road win in conference.  Better plus:  it’s a quadrant 1 win on the road.

+ We showed a few flashes of great offensive movement with several back cuts.  Got to have more of that to counter aggressive defensive pressure.

- Justin Smith still looks a little lost.  Not sure what is going on but it looks to be between the ears.  He needs to be eased into the game off of the bench to gain his confidence with other players getting more minutes.

- Turnovers are still concerning.  We need to be more forceful on skip passes and have to avoid lazy “going through the motions” passing.

- MOVING SCREENS!

All in all, a win is a win is a win.  Happy to have the W, but still plenty of things to iron out.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier98 said:

Glad that one is over! On to the next one. I can’t help but think Justin Smith is gettting to play to try and get confidence. His athleticism is clear but he doesn’t play like there is a defense on the floor. Why didn’t green play in the second half? He jump started them in the first half. Doesn’t seem like smith and green are getting similar treatment.

He did play in the second half but had 3 or 4 turnovers

Archived