Penn St. Post game

Indykev

12 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Okay.  I can agree with your point about fans being heard.  I probably don't give it quite the level of importance that maybe you do.  Certainly, I don't as it pertains to an individual player.  But it's an interesting discussion.  😃

Individual player obviously No but don’t think the players don’t know who the fans really like. Everybody on the team knows the fans like mcroberts because of his hustle and grit. You can hear it and fell the energy in assembly when he makes one of those plays. Point being if Justin finishes strong the fans will let him know 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

But he had 9 rebounds!! That completely erases losing all of those offensive possessions. 

Honestly, if I were Archie I would try and see how he reacts to a 6th man role then maybe he can get some of his confidence back.

You keep ignoring the point many have brought up about his defense in this game. Smith's defense on Stevens was fantastic and was a key reason IU won that game. Yes, the offense was bad and he's absolutely lacking confidence and hurting things on that end, nobody is denying that, but his defense the other night was huge. 

Just now, BGleas said:

You keep ignoring the point many have brought up about his defense in this game. Smith's defense on Stevens was fantastic and was a key reason IU won that game. Yes, the offense was bad and he's absolutely lacking confidence and hurting things on that end, nobody is denying that, but his defense the other night was huge. 

Defense......on a very poor shooter?  Have you looked Stevens' stats for his career?

I think that there is a difference between criticizing a kid's play versus taking pot shots at him.

Calling a kid soft or attempting to be funny through a snarky comment are within each poster's rights, but again, shouldn't be how college kids are treated on a public forum, in my opinion.

No one said that the world is all sunshine and puppies. Not everything is rosy in the IU basketball world. How we discuss that, and how low this board goes in terms of becoming abusive is really a reflection on us, not the kids on the court. I would hope that as fans, we don't stoop to the depths some of the other boards have reached.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Justin Smith just took another shot.......he missed it.

I thought you said you'd stopped drinking!

Here are the stats:

This season:  FG% ..443    3%  .200 (3 taken per game)   FT% .784

Last season:             .465             31.9 (2.5 taken per game)         .696

11 minutes ago, slojoe said:

I thought you said you'd stopped drinking!

Here are the stats:

This season:  FG% ..443    3%  .200 (3 taken per game)   FT% .784

Last season:             .465             31.9 (2.5 taken per game)         .696

Uhh  yeah?  6-8? 

Archived