Penn St. Post game

Indykev

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Penn State shoots anything resembling a decent percentage from the line.......

Still trying to understand why Moore's 1st half did not warrant some playing time in the 2nd.

Only thing I can think of is Archie wanted to leave him with a positive feeling. Don't agree with that though. 

2 minutes ago, rico said:

My take aways.

Good win.

Smith has issues.

Why didn't Clif see PT in the 2nd?

There are 10 pages in another thread about Moore needs to transfer. He played well for a few mins. Lets see if he earns more in practice. A good effort like that can sometimes make the light go on.

A lot of players contributed tonight. 

Rob was clutch at the end. 

Al had 12 points and some timely free throws and baskets. 

Green had a nice stretch in the first half and 2 big 3s.

Romeo had a nice last 10 minutes of the first half. 

Justin Smith had 9 rebounds. 

Moore provided a spark and had fans clamoring for more. 

7-2, 2-0 start to conference play. I will take this right now, especially since I chalked Duke to an L. 

We have areas to improve on, but I trust the coach we have to make it happen. 

For those crucifying the team/ coach in the game thread, maybe a response in the post game showing you're happy we won? I don't get why some only post negative comments and otherwise go radio silent. It's the holiday season, we're undefeated in conference play, studs coming in next year, no controversy around the team or coach, Life is short.... Come be happy!!!😎👍

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There are 10 pages in another thread about Moore needs to transfer. He played well for a few mins. Lets see if he earns more in practice. A good effort like that can sometimes make the light go on.

Not everyone has been calling for Moore to transfer,  Some have even suggested he be given a chance.  He got it and produced.

Players should be rewarded for stepping up in a time of need.  Clifton did in the first half and was not rewarded.  Justin Smith did not step up at all in the first half, but was rewarded with significant PT in the 2nd (and still did not do much).  I wouldn't coach that way, but Archie does.  But, we won, which is the most important thing.

Another great post from the OOS

We play like a bunch of pussies! No physicality, no sense of urgency, its pathetic!  With 11:50 left in the first half we had 4 f****** points WTF?  Archie needs b!tch slapped!  Coach you f****** moron!  There are no excuses and plenty of guys who have played Big10 basketball but its a sh!tshow![/

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

Where is this post from

This is just one of many from this one poster but it they got deleted

We play like a bunch of pussies! No physicality, no sense of urgency, its pathetic!  With 11:50 left in the first half we had 4 f****** points WTF?  Archie needs b!tch slapped!  Coach you f****** moron!  There are no excuses and plenty of guys who have played Big10 basketball but its a sh!tshow![/

Archived