Louisville pre-game thread.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dbmhoosier said:

I think we win by double figures.  We have played like crap lately and are overdue for a good performance.  The Hall should be rocking

That double figure win sure sounds good.......however, I'm not just there yet. I think, this game, we start seeing a solid game all around finally since Marquette. Things are starting to click and we are beginning to see the potential of this team and Archie's footprint at IU!

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

One of the biggest reasons I want IU to win this game, beyond the obvious, is just so we don't have to deal with a week of 'IU blew it by not hiring Mack' posts based off one game. 

Fair or not but our fan base will judge Archie in large part by how he does in comparison to Holtmann and Mack.  He must outperform them.  He's got the better roster this year and he's playing at home.  We need to win.

10 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Fair or not but our fan base will judge Archie in large part by how he does in comparison to Holtmann and Mack.  He must outperform them.  He's got the better roster this year and he's playing at home.  We need to win.

And all this time I thought all our coaches were judged against Bob Knight...:coffee:

25 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I hear you and I get it, but I'm playing the long-game on those comparisons. The game-to-game overreactions are more what frustrate me sometimes. 

55 minutes ago, BGleas said:

One of the biggest reasons I want IU to win this game, beyond the obvious, is just so we don't have to deal with a week of 'IU blew it by not hiring Mack' posts based off one game. 

Louisville fans are giddy with how quickly Mack has righted the ship.  And it does not hurt that he seems to be the polar opposite of Pitino.

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They beat Michigan St (in OT) so they're no pushover. By the same token, they did lose to Marquette (also in OT).

I think we'll win, but look for another barn burner. IU 73 Louisville 68

They did beat MSU. If I remember right, MSU had a player not make the trip. Another starter out most of the first half with 2 fouls. Things really went the right way for UL, and MSU still had a shot to win at the FT line in regulation. Failed. 

I think Assembly Hall will be rocking and we win by 12.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I don't know if IU actually offered Mack, but I didn't want him. Nothing against him, he seems like a good dude. I would have been disappointed. 

Just me.

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They beat Michigan St (in OT) so they're no pushover. By the same token, they did lose to Marquette (also in OT).

I think we'll win, but look for another barn burner. IU 73 Louisville 68

Yeah...this sounds about right to me.  I'd love a blowout, but those Marquette kind of wins won't happen often for this team, IMHO.  That being said...GO HOOSIERS!!   😁

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am not sure which side of the coin we land on this one.  I think it will be 4 points either way.  Hope its us, but i don't feel it will be

You should know by now to always, always bet on IU at the Hall when we have a decent team.  It's just a fact folks. 

2 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I'm going with my gut and say 92- 68 Indiana.

Is your gut full of a nice bourbon right at the moment?😁

I feel the cardiac kids and the senior statesman are going to be doing it to us again at the hall! I feel it will be a nail biter and I will be losing my voice by the time this game is over. I say at the end we pull it out by 6 points after they foul us. I see Archie though working on the final 5 minutes and us not letting up!

Archived