Not one, but two players seen in a boot...

.... within the last week.

I reported this last week to my fellow mods that De'Ron Davis was seen on campus in a boot.  Walking with a limp.

And then on Saturday, by a well respected source reported to me,  that he saw Collin Hartman, at Cook Hall in a boot as well.

It has now become public that Collin was seen in a boot.

However, when I asked my well respected source about De'Ron, who saw Collin in a boot at Cook Hall,  he said he did not see De'Ron on Saturday. So, he could not confirm if De'Ron was still in a boot.  In De'Ron's case, it was not one, but two reporting to me about the boot. And I thank them both for that. Though I kept this intel to just my fellow mods. But since it has come out that Collin has been seen in a boot, I felt I owed it to HSN.03 members to come out with the news.

And in both cases, we don't know the reason for the boots.  Just sightings.  Hopefully, just precautionary, as has gone on with other IU players in the past.

Just a stab in the dark here but with emphasis on defense there is a different type of pressure being placed on lateral speed/quickness....could be causing pains and the boot is precautionary??

Bryant lived in a boot for a year. Hopefully nothing serious though. Thanks for sharing.

59 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Hey Mile,

Not to be too picky here, but I have seen you type this many times in the early stages of this site ' HSN.03".  You do realize it is HSN 3.0  right?  Sorry if already corrected or if its an inside joke.

I did not realize I was doing that.  Thank you for pointing that out.  It's my bad.  And I will be looking not to do it again.   :cheers:

So rather than a scrimage as we usually know it...is the team going to play wheelchair basketball so there is a lower risk of injury?  And if that is the case; the dunk contest could be changed to doughnuts or a booth set up where a player has to hit a freethrow to "dunk" a coach. 

I suspect Hartman is not serious. Source who informed me of him said though he was in a boot, that he was upbeat and smiling.

De'Ron has me concerned.  Because those two sources said not only did they see him in a boot, they also detected a limp.  Hopefully since his seemed to be earlier, things have improved.

In either case, fire up your Roku's to see how they are this weekend during HH  ! 

29 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

So as luck would have it I had a meeting today on campus that led me to have to park close to Cook Hall.  As I was leaving Hartman was entering Cook Hall.  He had shorts and basketball shoes on.  No boot.  Didnt seem to have a limp or anything either.

Good news.  Thanks for the report.  As mentioned, when he was seen in a boot, he seemed to be in good spirits as well.

39 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

So as luck would have it I had a meeting today on campus that led me to have to park close to Cook Hall.  As I was leaving Hartman was entering Cook Hall.  He had shorts and basketball shoes on.  No boot.  Didnt seem to have a limp or anything either.

:) Makes me happy to hear this.  :cheers:

Knowing that Collin had injured his ankle, and that he was present at the B1G media today for an interview..... I was hoping something would be mentioned about his injury. So I waited an waited.  And of course, IU was last.  And nothing was said about his or any of the team's injuries.  Perhaps not the right time or place.  However other schools were asked about issues/problems they were facing. 

Archived