Big Recruiting Weekend for Indiana

KDB

15 official visitors this weekend for the Hoosiers, here they are from top to bottom ranking wise.

I'm not holding out much hope for Bell coming here, but I'd love to get Cameron William, Kristian Williams, and Danielson Ike.  Big time players at positions of need.  It seems like we're in good shape with all 3, and if we did get all 3, it would bump us up to the 29th overall class and would all but guarantee our best class ever (or at least as far as I know).  I like that they're coming in with a lot of our current commits.  Could be a huge weekend for us.

If we are able to get those 3 guys, that would give us 4 incoming recruits ranked higher than any recruit last year, and 7 guys rated higher than Penix who was our 2nd highest recruit last year.

Just to show how much our depth is improving and how much Wilson struggled recruiting the last couple years, this year's seniors were the 2015 class.  Currently we have 4 guys ranked higher than any 2015 recruit.  Our lowest ranked guy this year (not counting the long snapper) is Sio (not even going to try his last name haha) at .8452.  In the 2015 class which had 26 recruits, there were 16 recruits rated lower than that.  The next year's class which would be this year's juniors (2016) was even rated slightly lower than 2015.  Our RS senior class this year (2014) wasn't highly rated and lost most of their talent to the NFL.  Allen is doing a tremendous job of building our depth.

Really hoping to see those 3 guys I mentioned pull the trigger.  That would send a huge message.

Getting all three four stars to commit would move the class to around 25th nationally.  I'm not sure that's possible but one can dream.

Here's a question I didn't address in the article but you have to wonder -- how is IU discussing the OC situation with recruits?  That has to be a topic with Bell.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Getting all three four stars to commit would move the class to around 25th nationally.  I'm not sure that's possible but one can dream.

Here's a question I didn't address in the article but you have to wonder -- how is IU discussing the OC situation with recruits?  That has to be a topic with Bell.

It’ll be interesting to see how IU pitches Bell. I think it’s an uphill battle with Purdue and it’d take quite a bit for him to not end up at Purdue IMO. I think you guys will land Williams as I’m not even sure Purdue can take him right now with their limited scholarship space and the fact that grades could be an issue. Nice to see a lot of the top guys in state staying to play for IU and Purdue. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’ll be interesting to see how IU pitches Bell. I think it’s an uphill battle with Purdue and it’d take quite a bit for him to not end up at Purdue IMO. I think you guys will land Williams as I’m not even sure Purdue can take him right now with their limited scholarship space and the fact that grades could be an issue. Nice to see a lot of the top guys in state staying to play for IU and Purdue. 

I can't imagine IU has much chance with Bell.  It seems like we're at best 3rd on his list as of now.

I've seen you bring up grade issues for Williams a few times now.  I don't follow close enough to know about it, so care to elaborate?

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

It seems like recruits don't hate DeBord nearly as much as we do!  On the surface his offense doesn't look terrible until you dig deeper or actually watch it.

I would guess they aren't bringing it up unless a recruit brings it up.  The only way I would see us say he won't be back to a recruit would be if we had a really good hire already lined up.  If we know DeBord is gone, but don't have his replacement yet, we would probably say that at this time we expect DeBord to be here next year, but anything can happen.

15 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I can't imagine IU has much chance with Bell.  It seems like we're at best 3rd on his list as of now.

I've seen you bring up grade issues for Williams a few times now.  I don't follow close enough to know about it, so care to elaborate?

We've just heard on our side that grades could be an issue in terms of him possibly being able to qualify and with limited scholarship space, might not be worth the risk.  This has been discussed for several months on Purdue's end (before he even came out with his final/top 5 schools). 

57 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It seems like recruits don't hate DeBord nearly as much as we do!  On the surface his offense doesn't look terrible until you dig deeper or actually watch it.

I would guess they aren't bringing it up unless a recruit brings it up.  The only way I would see us say he won't be back to a recruit would be if we had a really good hire already lined up.  If we know DeBord is gone, but don't have his replacement yet, we would probably say that at this time we expect DeBord to be here next year, but anything can happen.

I don't think the offense is terrible necessarily, it's his play calling. I don't think he trusted Ramsey to through wide or deep. Like I said, I doubt Allen fires him. I bet he brings someone else on to "help". 

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

IU isn’t getting Bell.  I’ve been told he has already told Brohm he is going to PUke.  This is coming to me from someone inside their program.

43 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Bell goes to Purdue.  But if it's a done deal, I don't think he would be taking other visits, or waiting until after the early signing period to announce. 

It’s not a done deal but I think it’s close. I think it was always his plan to announce at the Army game. Like Rondale last year. 

10 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Bell goes to Purdue.  But if it's a done deal, I don't think he would be taking other visits, or waiting until after the early signing period to announce. 

That’s fair.  I probably shouldn’t have worded it that strongly.  Just repeating what I was told.

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

As an offensive player I can see the attraction to playing for Brohm.  He's a good coach and is aggressive. 

However,  honestly would be stunned if he is the coach at PU when this freshman class are seniors. 

And this is the only reason he wouldn't choose Purdue from what I'm hearing. I mean if your Bell....why wouldn't you want to slide into Rondale's role. Only chance IU has is to hammer the point that Brohm won't be there. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And this is the only reason he wouldn't choose Purdue from what I'm hearing. I mean if your Bell....why wouldn't you want to slide into Rondale's role. Only chance IU has is to hammer the point that Brohm won't be there. 

And I think Purdue can combat that pretty easily. Look at some of the comments Bell made after Brohm mentioned he would be staying. Bell knows he would get plenty of one-on-one coverage due to how much teams have to worry about Rondale. Pick your poison situation. 

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Normally we hear some post-visit info but it’s radio silence. 

I wonder if it due to the timing of the visits.  Just a couple weeks before signing day, so some guys might be waiting.  I read that Kristian Williams is announcing on signing day.  Can't' find any news of him saying that before the visit, so that might be a good sign. Bell is announcing early January (even though I'm putting our odds at .1%).  It wouldn't surprise me if some of them are being pretty quiet and waiting until a certain date.

I'm really impatient though, so I want some good news now!!!

24 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I wonder if it due to the timing of the visits.  Just a couple weeks before signing day, so some guys might be waiting.  I read that Kristian Williams is announcing on signing day.  Can't' find any news of him saying that before the visit, so that might be a good sign. Bell is announcing early January (even though I'm putting our odds at .1%).  It wouldn't surprise me if some of them are being pretty quiet and waiting until a certain date.

I'm really impatient though, so I want some good news now!!!

Pretty sure Cam Williams is still planning on deciding after he visits Purdue this weekend. 

49 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Thanks!

Do you guys even have an open spot for anybody besides Bell?

Without some movement or some guys being dropped, nope. As of now and assuming the other commitments all stick,  one scholly left and it’s 100% for Bell. But if Williams wants to come, my guess is they find a way to make it work if they feel confident his grades are good to go. 

Archived