Unbeaten list shrinks to None ,baby !!

8 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Beilein on the surface seems to be all good and clean.  Underlying it all, I dunno.  To me, something just seems off.  Tom Izzo was one I once admired, and that train fell off the tracks before the recent scandals.  I wouldn't mind the undefeated success this year and 2 final fours since 2012.  However, the accompanying uneasy feeling that would go with it is not something I would enjoy.

I regret nothing.  We got to see Max B come here and do great things as a result.  Sure, Beilein has a great thing going.  However, how long does he have left?  Long term, I will take Archie today with the success he will bring tomorrow.  

Nothing against you DBM, it's been my experience with those that ask what if yesterday....?  too often are fill with bitterness over tomorrow.  You seem to be different from those.  Great to see you ask these questions and still keep it light.

I certainly wouldn't trade Archie for Beilein.  That would be foolish.  It's just amazing how many bone headed decisions our administration has made these past 20 years.  Also, what if Sampson had simply been able to follow the rules?  I'd imagine we'd have banner 6 and couple FFs by now but who knows.  Both of those guys are great coaches.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I certainly wouldn't trade Archie for Beilein.  That would be foolish.  It's just amazing how many bone headed decisions our administration has made these past 20 years.  Also, what if Sampson had simply been able to follow the rules?  I'd imagine we'd have banner 6 and couple FFs by now but who knows.  Both of those guys are great coaches.

100% agreed on Sampson, outstanding coach, but a guy who couldn't care less for academics and thumbed his nose at the rules (albeit some stupid rules) despite that he had just escaped the NCAA bearing down on Okla. 

I also think Crean was a very good transition coach for IU. Not the long-term coaching solution but the guy who got IU fully back on track academically and back to a team winning B1G regular season championships after a 20-year hiatus, not to mention guys like Victor and Cody and Watford.

I'm as impatient as the next guy, but at this point it looks like we're very much headed in the direction everyone here wants us to be.

17 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sampson and Beilein.  The man who succeeded Mike Davis and the man who should have succeeded Mike Davis.  I wonder what our program would look like today had that happened.

Was Beilein even under consideration?  Honest question, I don't remember, but I do recall that many posters indicated the Greenspan's top choice was Kevin Stallings.  My recollection is that Greenspan had a top three list, and I don't remember the other 2 names, but none of them were minorities and Herbert stepped in and we wound up with Sampson.

Back to topic gentlemen.  

Looking at Nevada's schedule, they have one ooc game left.  And that be @Utah.  Looking at their conference, which is down this year, going off the records I would say that San Diego St. and Fresno St. present them the biggest challenges.

4 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KenPom is projecting these final records for the remaining unbeatens:

Virginia - 25-5

Michigan - 26-5

Nevada - 29-2

Houston - 25-6

St Johns - 21-10

Interesting......but it falls in line with "RicoPom" that there will be no undefeated team.  I would like to share my secrets...but they are in my gut!

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

really good chance Nevada goes unbeaten with that schedule.  just really hoping they aren't good enough to pull the upsets and run through the Big Dance.  i certainly don't see it, but just a little scary.  

I wouldn't worry about it.  

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Just games that are already scheduled, so doesn't include any postseason tournaments or regular season tournaments with games that are TBD.

I figured as much.  Nevada will be an interesting one to say the least.  I do believe they are #10 in the Net Rankings.  So they could possibly go undefeated and not receive a #1 seed.  

Here is the best chance for these four teams to lose , imho ! Houston at Temple January 9 at Temple ,jan.16 at SMU  , Jan .27 at  TULSA ,March 10 at Cincinnati ! Virginia Jan. 5 vs Florida State , Jan 12 at Clemson , Jan. 15 at Duke  , Michigan- vs IU Jan 6 -Jan 19 at Wisconsin -Jan. 26@ IU , Feb .1@Iowa , Nev. Reno is gonna lose a conference road game ! Count.  On it !!

Archived