Unbeaten list shrinks to None ,baby !!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Two to finish the regular season out, undefeated, I am most concerned about :

Michigan, and Gonzaga.

Those two just seem to have IT.... this season.

Though Michigan has 'it', the B1G is far too loaded for them to go undefeated.  I see 3-5 losses for them.  Gonzaga has the easier slate with their conference.  Anyone goes undefeated in the regular season, it's most likely Nevada.  Even then, I don't see anyone doing it this year.

36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Two to finish the regular season out, undefeated, I am most concerned about :

Michigan, and Gonzaga.

Those two just seem to have IT.... this season.

Yes, particularly Gonzaga. 

I think someone in the B1G eventually solves Michigan.

With Gonzaga, not so sure if anyone in their conference can though.

3 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Though Michigan has 'it', the B1G is far too loaded for them to go undefeated.  I see 3-5 losses for them.  Gonzaga has the easier slate with their conference.  Anyone goes undefeated in the regular season, it's most likely Nevada.  Even then, I don't see anyone doing it this year.

Beat me to the general thought on U of M in the B1G .Agreed.

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Because of the Senior Experience , don't be surprised if they win it all !! I won't be !!!!!😀 !

I dunno, they have beat Arizona St. on a neutral floor.  They got some other nice wins.....USC, BYU.  Regular season undefeated?  Perhaps.  But I don't see them winning it all.  

On 12/10/2018 at 11:36 AM, zerawkid said:

Anyone think we could be the ones to solve UM? They’re our second BiG opponent coming up. The game’s in Ann Arbor so its a tall, tall task.

UM scares me after having watched them against Villanova and Purdue I think they could win the conference.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sampson and Beilein.  The man who succeeded Mike Davis and the man who should have succeeded Mike Davis.  I wonder what our program would look like today had that happened.

This to me is the biggest what if because I have always wondered that.

Nevada, since preseason, is the most likely to run the table in regular season.  Nevada IS loaded 9 deep in a weak conference.  I believe  that they are the last undefeated team in D1.  fun team to watch-veteran , talented, NBA ready player(s).   With that, I hope  they lose tomorrow.

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sampson and Beilein.  The man who succeeded Mike Davis and the man who should have succeeded Mike Davis.  I wonder what our program would look like today had that happened.

Beilein on the surface seems to be all good and clean.  Underlying it all, I dunno.  To me, something just seems off.  Tom Izzo was one I once admired, and that train fell off the tracks before the recent scandals.  I wouldn't mind the undefeated success this year and 2 final fours since 2012.  However, the accompanying uneasy feeling that would go with it is not something I would enjoy.

I regret nothing.  We got to see Max B come here and do great things as a result.  Sure, Beilein has a great thing going.  However, how long does he have left?  Long term, I will take Archie today with the success he will bring tomorrow.  

Nothing against you DBM, it's been my experience with those that ask what if yesterday....?  too often are fill with bitterness over tomorrow.  You seem to be different from those.  Great to see you ask these questions and still keep it light.

4 hours ago, jimmygoiu said:

Nevada, since preseason, is the most likely to run the table in regular season.  Nevada IS loaded 9 deep in a weak conference.  I believe  that they are the last undefeated team in D1.  fun team to watch-veteran , talented, NBA ready player(s).   With that, I hope  they lose tomorrow.

Last undefeated team in D1?  Ummmmm.....Michigan, Virginia, and Houston have yet to taste defeat.  But yeah, Nevada is a good team and do play in a weak conference(at least this year).

Archived