Unbeaten list shrinks to None ,baby !!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Nevada got absolutely throttled.  I'd say the '76 Hoosiers will soon be popping the annual champagne.

Lunardi looks pretty silly christening them a 1 seed.

That was absolutely pitiful.  Quick question...was Alford coaching New Mexico?  LOL  Me thinks that Nevada is gonna have trouble from here on out.  

• 2 weeks later...

For one I am not concerned about keeping are past as the present...… cant happen. That coach will never coach at IU again. Those players will never play in a game that counts at IU again. I get it that IU fans have not had anything, but one win in 19 yrs to get excited about and the PC police took that thrill away from us. Coaches, players and fans alike need to put all of the focus on the present and the future. When we keep harping on the great old days, we are chasing ghosts. Lets harness all of that passion into putting IU basketball back where it belongs. Basketball is a part of the fabric of Indiana and unfortunately for basketball purposes that fabric is and has been colored gold and black for a while now. We can not change the color back to red and white living in the past. Never Daunted ! GO HOOSIERS!

4 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

For one I am not concerned about keeping are past as the present...… cant happen. That coach will never coach at IU again. Those players will never play in a game that counts at IU again. I get it that IU fans have not had anything, but one win in 19 yrs to get excited about and the PC police took that thrill away from us. Coaches, players and fans alike need to put all of the focus on the present and the future. When we keep harping on the great old days, we are chasing ghosts. Lets harness all of that passion into putting IU basketball back where it belongs. Basketball is a part of the fabric of Indiana and unfortunately for basketball purposes that fabric is and has been colored gold and black for a while now. We can not change the color back to red and white living in the past. Never Daunted ! GO HOOSIERS!

The past does make the future.  And IU's '76 team always has always came up in conversations talking about undefeated teams.  What that team did was done previously.  But we were the last ones to do it.  It does get IU national attention.  And I prefer to keep it that way.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

The past does make the future.  And IU's '76 team always has always came up in conversations talking about undefeated teams.  What that team did was done previously.  But we were the last ones to do it.  It does get IU national attention.  And I prefer to keep it that way.

Look no one and I mean no one loved the RMK years as much as I did, but when that coach will not be seen inside the hall again even with his great players, he is a ghost we cant bring back from the dead. He and his players greatness will never be forgotten, but will never return. Greatness is what is expected from IU basketball. Question is what does greatness look like today to powers to be at IU? I can guarantee you they wont allow any coach to pursue greatness they way the General did. Matter of fact I am pretty sure they go out of their way to insure that it is not. 

4 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Look no one and I mean no one loved the RMK years as much as I did, but when that coach will not be seen inside the hall again even with his great players, he is a ghost we cant bring back from the dead. He and his players greatness will never be forgotten, but will never return. Greatness is what is expected from IU basketball. Question is what does greatness look like today to powers to be at IU? I can guarantee you they wont allow any coach to pursue greatness they way the General did. Matter of fact I am pretty sure they go out of their way to insure that it is not. 

It ain't got nothing to do with Bobby.  The fact is that being the last undefeated team keeps people talking about IU.  It always comes up.

1 minute ago, rico said:

It ain't got nothing to do with Bobby.  The fact is that being the last undefeated team keeps people talking about IU.  It always comes up.

Thank you for making my point. All IU is now is talk from the past. We have to become the future and right now that future is not very bright. Compare it to the past and it gets really dark real fast! get it? 

8 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Thank you for making my point. All IU is now is talk from the past. We have to become the future and right now that future is not very bright. Compare it to the past and it gets really dark real fast! get it? 

We did win 2 championships after that...and made to a couple of more FF's.

6 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

One final four and a couple of big champions in 19 yrs you are correct. How does that compare to the previous 25? Pretty dark right. 

WTF does that have to do with the perfect season?  This thread is about that.  It isn't about the present, nor is about the future of the IU basketball program.  It is about teams failing to do what that 75-76 IU squad did.  No more, no less.

Archived