UofL post game

Indykev

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked our approach on D.Archie had it's ready there. Louisville was #1 in the country in FTA/FGA. They get to the line and shoot very good from the line. Keeping them off was good. 

Obviously, things to improve on, but I'm focusing on positives. Loved DD,Smith, and Rob today. McRoberts with some good minutes too!

17 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Home court advantage is usually with about 8-10 points on its own. 

This team doesn't care whether it's home or road. It's going to be close and I'm going to worry wherever we play. So far, they make me smile at the end though. 

14 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Disagree.  I doubt they hit all those PRAYERS again.  And our defense will travel.

I bet if we played in the tournament we win.

And on that note....this team is figuring out how to win....this is a HUGE development.  2 points 2 points 1 point

Absolutely agree — lost the first half, battled for boards and second chance points and possession in the second and we’re up I think 7 in the closing 30 seconds or so, Vill fought for 3’s, but we CLOSED it out!

that is tourney level experience that will really help this team. That’s a winning team 

35 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

A win is a win but still disappointed in our play.  Mack can flat out coach.

You can't ever say anything positive can you.  We played very well in the second half and won a big game against a good team,  We are 8-2 and have some good wins so why nt be happy with a win.

There are always gonna be "fun suckers" on these boards after a close win and even a blowout win. You really just have to look at all the positives and compare them with the negatives. I look at it this way...a huge positive that has been missing is Justin Smith's overall play, another positive was a reduction in team turnovers and the biggest positive is we WON THE GAME! We are not going to blow out alot of teams, especially in the BIG Ten. This conference is way too loaded. This was a huge nonconference win.....Louisville will be going to the NCAA tourney. 

I think Archie did a great job today. Louisville goes to the free throw line better than anyone and we did a great job defending without fouling. I haven’t seen the numbers, but seemed we did better on the boards in the second half. And while we lack shooters, Archie is doing a great job getting the team in positions to shoot at a high percentage. Really liked some our sets today. 

Free throw shooting kept us from pulling away late. 

Archived