UofL post game

Indykev

Watched that complete horsesh*t call on McMahon's three attempt where he literally jumped SIDEWAYS into Romeo's arm to get the call.  I've wound it back several times and it was just an atrocious phantom foul call that should never happen at home OR on the road.  Just complete CRAP.  Be very ashamed of this video, Mr. Zebra...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots to be happy about:

We won

No one can stop Romeo except Romeo

Great game from Davis

Solid game from Morgan with no fouls 

Good effort from Smith

Rob hit numerous clutch shots. 

Now something to complain about - the last four calls of the game were utter garbage. It wasn't a foul on Rob, it wasn't out on Rob, it wasn't a foul on Romeo and it wasn't a common foul when they fouled Romeo. Call those plays correctly and we win by closer to 10. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Lots to be happy about:

We won

Great game from Davis

Good effort from Smith

Now something to complain about - the last four calls of the game were utter garbage. It wasn't a foul on Rob, it wasn't out on Rob, it wasn't a foul on Romeo and it wasn't a common foul when they fouled Romeo. Call those plays correctly and we win by closer to 10. 

The streak of not getting home court officiating continues 

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Lots to be happy about:

We won

Great game from Davis

Good effort from Smith

Completely agree. I’ve found the officiating this year to be even crappier than it usually is, not just in IU game. The refs are embarrassing themselves. It’s also garbage that IU literally gets no calls at home, these last two ho,e games if anything all the 50/50 calls have gone against IU. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. I’ve found the officiating this year to be even crappier than it usually is, not just in IU game. The refs are embarrassing themselves. It’s also garbage that IU literally gets no calls at home, these last two ho,e games if anything all the 50/50 calls have gone against IU. 

I have long held the belief if my team could not overcome a handful of bad calls, they they didn't deserve to win.  This year has me close to abandoning this mantra.

While I still think there’s a lot or work to do.  Some thoughts

It really looks like Smith is figuring it out finally 

Rob could probably be a bit more assertive  but overall no issues 

Durham had a bad game but overall I’m confident that he will be solid more often than not. 

Davis is an amazingly efficient player to have off the bench. 

Green is Green spark off the bench hoped for more but him and Davis are a pretty good duo off the bench. 

What happened to Mcroberts doesn’t seem to have that same spark he had earlier in the year?

Romeo and Morgan I wish we would showcase their talent better. They are studs but we don’t seem to showcase it as much as we could. And yes I know Romeo had 21 points. 

Overall a very good win. Not going to see many teams that well coached with that talent the rest of the year. And probably none that aren’t from Michigan. 

8 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Did anyone that was listening on the radio catch the name of the official that Don Fisher was complaining about,said he makes more phantom calls against IU then any official he's ever seen.

Wymer. He's close to Boroski levels but not yet. Gaining every game. In terms of the game I'll echo most of others thoughts. Great game by Justin (just needed a confidence booster), RP was stones again....I hope we don't get tired or bored of Romeo's quiet 20 pt games. 

Another really solid win against a team who beat Sparty. Our Marquette depantsing looks even better now. Another week off and our Big East kicking a-- tour has another victim in Butler.

The difference between Calipari and Mack...

Speaking during his weekly radio call-in show, Calipari apparently took a swipe at Indiana fans. CBS Sports has the quote:

Calipari: "We don't have obnoxious -- well, we may, but I never hear them -- but we don't treat the other team with disrespect. If we won a game against the No. 1 team in the country in Rupp Arena, would people charge the court? No. You're supposed to (win.) You're Kentucky. We don't do that here."
Mack: “It was a great college basketball game,” Mack said. “This place is awesome. Great tradition. We have a ton of respect for IU and the job that Archie is doing. But at the same time, I would be lying if I didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to win. We didn’t take advantage of it. It wasn’t the officials’ fault. It wasn’t any fault other than our own.”

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Speaking during his weekly radio call-in show, Calipari apparently took a swipe at Indiana fans. CBS Sports has the quote:

Calipari: "We don't have obnoxious -- well, we may, but I never hear them -- but we don't treat the other team with disrespect. If we won a game against the No. 1 team in the country in Rupp Arena, would people charge the court? No. You're supposed to (win.) You're Kentucky. We don't do that here."
Mack: “It was a great college basketball game,” Mack said. “This place is awesome. Great tradition. We have a ton of respect for IU and the job that Archie is doing. But at the same time, I would be lying if I didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to win. We didn’t take advantage of it. It wasn’t the officials’ fault. It wasn’t any fault other than our own.”

I believe the SEC imposes a fine for court storming.

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'll say this about Mack. Phenomenal job of stabilizing the program and recruiting in the face of what is more than likely more penalties coming. Regarding Cal....I'd hate to live in a butt hurt world where 7 Decembers later we're still living rent free in his head. He and his fans deserve every bit of each other. 

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yep

I’ll quibble a little with Mack’s respectful comments though.

You’re right Mack, it wasn’t the officials’ fault, they helped keep you in the game 

15 hours ago, rico said:

Survive and advance....pretty simple.  We won a game against a quality opponent.  I have nothing to be critical of.  Thought the boys that saw the floor all played with heart and spirit.  Hard fought win and I like our character.  

Agreed.

I saw more identity and cohesion, and less mistakes and poor choices. Archie is trying to keep a long bench because it can only help us. This is stuff we had to accept we’d see with time and reps with the plethora of injuries earlier in the year.

For those saying we “lose this game on a neutral or away floor,” you do not and cannot know that. It’s why they play the game. The game was never more than nine points, there wasn’t a clearcut superior team here. The teams were evenly matched and both played VERY hard. We prevailed with grit and determination borne of tremendous defensive effort. I suspect we should get used to *this* being the identity of this team, if not our entire program, moving forward.

Offense fills seats. Defense wins championships.

20 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Sunday morning read: Louisville at Indiana -- The Report Card. We grade out another close one for the Hoosiers. Includes:
☑️Archie Miller / Players Post Game
☑️Chris Mack Post Game
☑️Final Box Score
☑️Highlights

Appreciate your analysis. I have also been a little concerned with the assist numbers. I think that overall the reason that they are low is that we don't hit jumpshots. A team that hits threes will often get them off of ball reversal and drive and kick opportunities which lead to increased assist numbers. Because Indiana does not hit outside shots consistently they miss out on four or five assists per game. The offense also tends towards Drive and Kick and Drive rather than simply Drive and Kick. 

Watching the game I grade our offense a bit better because I thought the ball movement and cutting as well as off the ball movement was much, much better. It clearly has been emphasized and the staff put in some different actions to allow the ball to swing more easily from side to side.

Lastly, the post play scoring for us tends to negate the great entry pass as the post player makes multiple moves before scoring. The entry passes being significantly improved should offset the assist numbers a bit.

May not be popular but a point on Rob.

His points were efficient and key and his D was solid. If he was playing the 2 or 3 that’s good by itself. 

But he’s the starting point. Seems like he’s getting a pass of sorts. If that were Al or Green the conversation would highlight 3 TO’s and 0 assists. He needs to facilitate the scoring more, he’s the primary point

I'm not sure if this has been said already(apologies of so). Haven't had time to browse much today,and missed the game live Settled for DVR replay late last night.

I think this was yet another performance that gives me hope he sticks around one more year. At least thus far into his career.Maybe Im reading it wtong though.Afterall getting to the rim against anyone isn't going to hurt your stock.I just mean with percentages and things he has left out on the floor which appear to need more time to come together for him I'm not exactly discouraged either.

Not that I wouldn't be fine seeing 3 or 4 more shots go infor him , and even a few 30+ games.

I think we will soon. I also read he is apparently enjoying IU quite a bit. Just being random amd hopeful. Probably wont last once he finally snaps and absolutely goes off.That is more likely a when than an if.

12 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Agreed.

I saw more identity and cohesion, and less mistakes and poor choices. Archie is trying to keep a long bench because it can only help us. This is stuff we had to accept we’d see with time and reps with the plethora of injuries earlier in the year.

For those saying we “lose this game on a neutral or away floor,” you do not and cannot know that. It’s why they play the game. The game was never more than nine points, there wasn’t a clearcut superior team here. The teams were evenly matched and both played VERY hard. We prevailed with grit and determination borne of tremendous defensive effort. I suspect we should get used to *this* being the identity of this team, if not our entire program, moving forward.

Offense fills seats. Defense wins championships.

Agree but we need — and think will — to continue to improve our O, we need outside shooting.

CAM said after this is what he expects for the rest of the season. Take your heart medicine now lol. 

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

May not be popular but a point on Rob.

His points were efficient and key and his D was solid. If he was playing the 2 or 3 that’s good by itself. 

But he’s the starting point. Seems like he’s getting a pass of sorts. If that were Al or Green the conversation would highlight 3 TO’s and 0 assists. He needs to facilitate the scoring more, he’s the primary point

Correct. I noticed that as well but didn't want to bring up a negative immediately following the win. He tied with Green with 3 turnovers. So far, this game is an aberration so we'll see if he pops back with a 6 assist 1 turnover game. 

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Watched that complete horsesh*t call on McMahon's three attempt where he literally jumped SIDEWAYS into Romeo's arm to get the call.  I've wound it back several times and it was just an atrocious phantom foul call that should never happen at home OR on the road.  Just complete CRAP.  Be very ashamed of this video, Mr. Zebra...

Little bit of acting and flopping helped a lot too......

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Romeo and Morgan I wish we would showcase their talent better. They are studs but we don’t seem to showcase it as much as we could. And yes I know Romeo had 21 points.

I'm not sure what you mean, or how we would do this. Isolations? More touches?

Archived