R.I.P. Eric Anderson

Shindig

25 minutes ago, rico said:

JMO....but Ratliff was the only disappointment there.  Vaden just chose to follow Davis to UAB and Hardy decided his sport was football.  BTW, Vaden ended up scoring over 2,000 points in his collegiate career.

A disappointment strictly speaking in regard to IU basketball

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2018 at 12:51 PM, Parakeet Jones said:

Gee whiz. My five year old was in the hospital for five days in March with pneumonia.  Had this happened before that and I had known about it, I would have been freaked out even more.  I remember someone telling me when he got out that most people don't understand just how serious pneumonia can be.  

My condolences to his family.  

I’m putting this here since I mentioned it earlier in the thread. We are back at children’s hospital with my son for his second round of pneumonia this year. He has been admitted and we are waiting for a room. IV meds are going. Please keep him in your prayers. He is a big Hoosier fan already. You all would love him. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m putting this here since I mentioned it earlier in the thread. We are back at children’s hospital with my son for his second round of pneumonia this year. He has been admitted and we are waiting for a room. IV meds are going. Please keep him in your prayers. He is a big Hoosier fan already. You all would love him. 

Praying for your son.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know the exact stats without looking them up, but I am thinking Robert had around 800 points his 2 years here.  That is pretty damn good.  I would surmise that had he stayed he would have been an IU legend.  The guy could flat arsz shoot.

Yeah.  Have to agree with you.  However, after stating that and watching as many UAB games, as I could..... Davis put a very long leash on Robert.  As good as he was... I saw many ill advised shots as well.  Still, a kid who got drafted out of UAB... and most likely would have gone higher, had he stayed at IU.

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

IN.... my prayers.  For dad as well.  It's got to be hard on you.... 

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Praying for him and all of your family Parakeet!

11 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hate to hear these things.  Thoughts and prayers go out.

12 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Lifting him and your family up now. 

15 hours ago, rico said:

JMO....but Ratliff was the only disappointment there.  Vaden just chose to follow Davis to UAB and Hardy decided his sport was football.  BTW, Vaden ended up scoring over 2,000 points in his collegiate career.

Also don't forget that Josh Smith will always be part of the IU family

14 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Of all the things you are never prepared for before you become a father, number one on the list has to be how hard it is to see your kids sick. 

First off. Thoughts are with you. Hopefully your kid will get better.

Secondly...I work in healthcare and often am in hospitals around the country. I tell everyone this. You want to find the toughest people in this country? Go to a pediatric cancer floor at your local hospital. Or better yet...for those that have kids take your children there sometime (several ways to donate time, $,etc...). It's an eyeopener for all to realize how good they  have it compared to these little kids fighting for their life each day. 

Thanks for all the prayers. We might be here a while to make sure he gets all the antibiotics he needs. They are doing blood work to check his immune system since he gets sick so much. One thought is chronic sinusitis which would lead to about three weeks of antibiotics and his tonsils coming out. I usually wouldn’t do this, but here he is after the Northwestern game. He is only five, but already a huge fan. 

92F3EF50-58A0-4EC8-A34F-E7A6A6E62E43.jpeg

FEB3A007-D296-4858-AC4F-C4D2BFD714E3.jpeg

Archived