Butler Pregame Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Except for the one douche canoe screaming AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! every time we got the ball.

My wife said to me, “Can you just turn the sound off now?”

I pointed out that you can hear the sound of one far easier when they are only among a couple hundred. 

This game is a great opportunity for the Hoosiers to be really be put on the map. We can add another Tier A win alongside our Win @ Penn State. 

Interesting meet up with Jordan Tucker, who was originally an IU recruit, then became a Duke recruit when Tom Crean got fired, and then he eventually decommitted and now plays in-state for Butler.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, BGleas said:

Agree on the arena point, as another thing that worries me a bit is that this is our first neutral court game. Obviously we've played at home and on the road, but neutral court isn't the same as the road. It typically takes some time to adjust to the more cavernous NBA style arenas and we already struggle to shoot from distance. While not the same as a real game, it is good that we scrimmaged at Banker's Life. 

The great thing about our offense and the arena thing is that we get SOOO many points in the paint. I mean we probably avg like 6 feet per shot attempt this year lol. Shouldn't pose a problem hopefully with us getting to the basket and hopefully Romeo/Juwan drawing fouls.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The great thing about our offense and the arena thing is that we get SOOO many points in the paint. I mean we probably avg like 6 feet per shot attempt this year lol. Shouldn't pose a problem hopefully with us getting to the basket and hopefully Romeo/Juwan drawing fouls.

Double edged sword....see my comments in the free throw shooting thread

On 12/10/2018 at 3:01 PM, Colonialcrester said:

This week I'll go with my gut and say 92-68 Indiana. Davis with a double double. Archie's first technical foul at IU. 

Archie has already gotten a technical for throwing a towel on the court. He didnt mean to but still counts.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I hate that this is the Tucker kids first game. We don't really have any idea how he will change how this team plays. Makes for a dangerous matchup.....but a tier 1 victory to go alongside the Marquette win will be a nice star beside our name come selection sunday!

Didn't we just beat Louisville?

51 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

ESPN is now giving Butler a 52.1% chance of winning.  Not sure what to think of this one.  On paper we crush them.  But they're well coached and this is their national title game.  

Saw that and had the same reaction. We win the stats (points, rebounds, etc.) and have better wins with only the beat down by Duke as a negative, but not much of one, it's Duke this season in Cameron. Butler's a solid 3-point shooting team, it will be our D against they're outside shooting, and our interior O against their D. I see this as another dog fight (no pun intended), but I don't see why B is a 52% favorite. Maybe espn sees this as much like a Butler home game. Edit -- might be that they're the better FT shooting team.

5 hours ago, rico said:

Didn't we just beat Louisville?

Yeah...I’m not sure how that will look come March...they may fall out of top 50. Still a good win and we should root for them to play well against UK and in the ACC to help us. Considering Villanova is down...if we beat Butler on top of Marquette that would likely put us better than anyone in the Big East. Should look good.

9 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

ESPN is now giving Butler a 52.1% chance of winning.  Not sure what to think of this one.  On paper we crush them.  But they're well coached and this is their national title game.  

please clue me in on why you feel they are so well coached. He has not proven anything yet. Will he be maybe. As of now NO

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

please clue me in on why you feel they are so well coached. He has not proven anything yet. Will he be maybe. As of now NO

I guess it's just that they always seem to be well coached.  They've lost countless coaches for 20 years yet they never seem to miss a beat.  If Lavall is not a very good coach this won't even be a game.  We're easily 12-15 points better on paper.

Archived