Butler Pregame Thread

21 minutes ago, iu2win said:

So often it seems we (IU fans) think and sometimes post things like, "We will see what the team is made of" leading up to big games like this one.  However, with a week to prepare, I'm thinking this game against Butler will tell us much more about Archie than the team.  Obviously, Archie can't play the game for the team but he will undoubtedly put together the game plan and I believe it will be a darn good one.  A loss would not be devastating for IU's season but a convincing win would certainly go a long way toward building great confidence moving forward into the conference season for both the team and IU fans.  I believe!  Go HOOSIERS !!!

I agree, I think this game is huge for us

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest challenge for me with this game tomorrow....finding a place a Portchester, NY to watch it and then staying sober enough to enjoy a concert right afterwards. Some may describe these concerns as first world problems but the way our team plays may pose a serious health risk for my liver....or heart....or whatever other organ can't handle another nail biter. 

Go Hoosiers! Beat the Bullfrogs ! I think the difference between this season and last season's Hoosiers is DEFENSE 😀 ! Last season the Hoosiers gave up 70.3 pts. Per game ! This season the Hoosiers are only giving up 64.7 pts . Per game ! I have changed my score prediction to IU 71 Butler 70 ! ( Because of the x factor of the Duke transfer ) I'm hoping that he is rusty and not in good shape !

Notre Dame 73 pee yew 's smellermakers 72 ! The Irish are going to be in a bad mood after losing the last two games by a combined total of 8 points on the road at UCLA and Oklahoma ! They might beat the Smellermakers by double figures 😁 ! ( I'm hoping !! ) Both games are on CBS ! Notre Dame /pee yew smellermakers at 1:30 !  IU /bullfrogs 3:45 !!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In my case I sacrificed a chicken.

Good stuff!!  You just helped me "sacrifice" my first cup of coffee all over this desk area down in front of my mouth here, too! 

Speaking of which. Great idea, so think I'll be having some wings for the game instead of chilli now, but someone else killed the chickens. Wasn't me.Lol  

I predict IU with more points  after the final whistle. 

11 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Good stuff!!  You just helped me "sacrifice" my first cup of coffee all over this desk area down in front of my mouth here, too! 

Speaking of which. Great idea, so think I'll be having some wings for the game instead of chilli now, but someone else killed the chickens. Wasn't me.Lol  

I predict IU with more points  after the final whistle. 

Get those wings started I got the chili in the crockpot I be there to see the end of the toilet maker game

15 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

A nice Saturday morning, bloody mary in hand, for an early afternoon (west coast) tip off.  I love days like this.

Think Morgan carries us today.  I can see us having a tough time getting into the game and our shooters being off -- need to drive and pound the paint.

I like IU's chances of showing up collectively as a unit today on offense. Health is improving enough, and competition for minutes is likely  returning closer to what Archie desires from his roster as guys  continue working their way back to form. . As some also stated going into last week against Louisville.  

I certainly hope IU gets  more than Morgan , Romeo and Phinisee as big factors for the team on offense. Any combination between Smith,  McBob, Green and Davis could  have break out games, especially if any among them get it going early and often. Fitz also seems overdue due to hit a few more , and I don't care who steps up so much as the bottom line..

I'll definitely be focused on whether Smith, individually, continues being more even with his aggression and not so passive in spells. If he outplays his man on both ends it will be hard to complain so long as IU wins - first and foremost.. Great stats or not I want to see Smith outplay guys he should be outplaying  every night. There isn't  a lot of superior talent to his at the college level so getting more - the most out of his abilities always seems important to me  going into every game now. lol 

Like  you said HF, they have to find ways and execute somehow even if shots aren't dropping at a high clip today. I already predicted IU to win ,but the fewer FTs they leave out there to be had the bigger the win I think. 

2 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

Butler is now -1.5.  Someone is pounding the Bulldogs.  Ugh.

My suspicion is the bets are going down on the past performances at banker life and the two teams. We have a 2nd year young head coach that I believe is being under estimated with 5 days prep. IU wins in what I think will be a very tough game for the hoosiers. Just my opinion 

Archived