New Walk On

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wasn't trying to be snarky, I'm really not sure.  He showed some flashes of solid play last year, but I think Archie may play a lot shorter rotation than Crean did.

It's a fair question, I do agree Archie will play a shorter rotation though.  I could see McRoberts get some minutes in the case of an injury or two in the front court.  I personally see him as competing with Moore and Durham for minutes as a 10th man.  

55 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wasn't trying to be snarky, I'm really not sure.  He showed some flashes of solid play last year, but I think Archie may play a lot shorter rotation than Crean did.

Nah your fine FW_Hoosier....to be honest I forgot he was a walk on cause he played more minutes than most of the guys on scholly....

maybe the kid is SMART also and wanted to play for Indiana and Coach Miller ?? I remember another former  IU walk on , Joe Hillman , who averaged 42 ppg his Senior year of HS in California  who came to Indiana as a walk on because he wanted to play for Coach Knight  & IU and he [Joe] played on an IU NCAA Championship team !! Joe Hillman was another SMART kid,VBG !! Go Hoosiers !! Lasko is no Ivan Renko !! He is on IU's OFFICIAL roster as one of the 18 Hoosier Players for 2017-2018 !!!!!!!! Ethan will wear Hallie Bryant's OLD # 12 FOR THE HOOSIERS !! Welcome Ethan Lasko !!

I think Archie Miller is SMART enough that he [Archie] will play guys if they fit his style of play and adjust to his coaching style  and get the job done in practice as well as  in the regular games !!! That is one interesting reason to watch The Hoosiers closely this season !! That is ,  to see who emerges as starters and role players in 2017-2018 !!

21 minutes ago, hoossiertildeath said:

I think Archie Miller is SMART enough that he [Archie] will play guys if they fit his style of play and adjust to his coaching style  and get the job done in practice as well as  in the regular games !!! That is one interesting reason to watch The Hoosiers closely this season !! That is ,  to see who emerges as starters and role players in 2017-2018 !!

I agree with this sentiment.  Archie didn't recruit most of these guys and never made promises to any of these kids either.  He doesn't have the sentimental attachment that Crean may have had in playing kids a certain way or minutes. It is a clean slate and I believe CAM will play who thinks will give the team the best chance to win and improve. Not saying that Crean didn't, but I think Crean was a pretty emotional guy who would get attached to a player regardless of how they fit in with the team or offense/defense. 

On 8/20/2017 at 2:01 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Hmm interesting. I wonder if there is some connection to IU considering he's coming from out of state. 

Played AAU on the Under Armour circuit on the Florida Vipers.  This is the same team that features IU target Darius Days who holds an IU offer.  His AAU stats are pretty unimpressive but he'll probably make a decent practice player.   I think I also saw somewhere that Yeshiva HS is just a 2A school in FL.

Archived