De'Ron Davis Trending Up

I'm extremely happy for the kid.  Shows how big of heart he has to come back from that injury better than before.  I did have doubts about ever recovering and he has destroyed my expectations and now I truly believe he will be a massive force in the time to come.  

Help me out but will he have 2 more years or the 2nd year would depend on them granting the full medical redshirt from last year?

Edit. He played in 15 games last year.  

Deron started off well in the first couple games last season then Archie really started riding his effort until his injury.  I think Archie was working his magic pushing him to up his effort because he recognized Deron's importance to the team in the post.  Maybe it is true the team was better because he disappeared but I don't necessarily agree. IMO, each player adjusted to Archie's style and culture at different rates. Seems like Green was up and down until the middle of the conference season before he started getting consistent minutes.

I still think Davis has slow feet and is a bit weak at the rim.  But i do believe he is having a really good year.  He is battling and has as mentioned by others a really soft short shot.  He still hedges out to much on help defense but these are all things we can deal with and really need him to allow morgan to play free on the post.  He has also shot better free throws i believe than most of our pure shooter type guys.  Davis is going to be the a beast for us for the rest of this year and into next year

Archived