Signing day

Leathernecks

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Bedford.   Ditto with Cam Williams and Juan Harris.  Is there any other undecided prospect we are involved with that are signing in the early period?

Wouldn't the only thing that could happen with Williams be he doesn't sign in the early signing period?  IU is the only school that brought him in for an official visit and I don't think any of his other finalists are in a position to take him.

Just based on what I'm reading. Safe to say this is the best recruiting class ever for IU?  Golic/Wingo made a good comment this morning. With unlimited resources the NFL gets first round choices correct 50% of the time. I know rankings don't always translate to field but very good sign that players are still buying what our staff and IU is selling.

20 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Wouldn't the only thing that could happen with Williams be he doesn't sign in the early signing period?  IU is the only school that brought him in for an official visit and I don't think any of his other finalists are in a position to take him.

His recruitment has been strange for sure,  so I wouldn't be surprised whatever happens.   Whether he signs with IU, waits for the late period,  or juco if he grades really are that much in question. 

With all the buzz around Bedford, I’ve got to believe he’s a good athlete, especially with his feet mirroring off the edge.  He needs to add mass but who doesn’t at age 18.  I am going to speculate that he has high upside in pass pro especially.  

Glad to see Harris and Whitner along with Sio and Passmore at defensive tackle.  Person is another.  Harris can be an immovable force.

Some of the quick, active defensive tackles that emerge on NFL draft boards have similar profiles as Passmore coming out of high school at 6’2 250.  With college training, he could easily by 6’2 290 in time, hopefully with good quickness and strength, which together  can generate power.  

I wanted the Williams kid who went to Minnesota pretty badly but am happy we really emphasized defensive tackle.  After Jerome Johnson, who is a very nice player, we needed the upgrades.  

Beau Robbins, Head, Ziemba, and some others like Bryant and maybe even Norris in time if he gains some weight could give us some guys who can rush and/or set the edge in the run game.  

I really think the DL was the area where we really needed do take it up more than one notch.  If you fortify the D line, look at the athletes in the back seven, with guys like some huskies or LBers like Cam Jones, James Miller, McFadden, and some safeties like Fitzgerald, Devon Matthews, Burgess, and others, plus some good athletes at corner with Mullen, J-Will, and a host of others.  With all of those athletes, we just need that front to take it up a notch.  

Archived