Signing day

Leathernecks

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just based on what I'm reading. Safe to say this is the best recruiting class ever for IU?  Golic/Wingo made a good comment this morning. With unlimited resources the NFL gets first round choices correct 50% of the time. I know rankings don't always translate to field but very good sign that players are still buying what our staff and IU is selling.

If you factor in Tuttle and give Wracher proper due credit, absolutely.  

They ding Wracher for being a long snapper, but from what I’ve read, he’s elite at it so giving him a low ranking seems inapposite and distorts the average ranking. 

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If you factor in Tuttle and give Wracher proper due credit, absolutely.  

They ding Wracher for being a long snapper, but from what I’ve read, he’s elite at it so giving him a low ranking seems inapposite and distorts the average ranking. 

Wracher is ranked as a top 10 long snapper in basically every ranking I've seen.  Ranked 4th best by Kohls kicking.  I agree that he should be ranked higher than what he is.

If we take Wracher out of the rankings, we're basically the same average as Iowa and Purdue.  We'd be .8627 compared to .8630 and .8631 for Iowa and Purdue.  If we include Tuttle's ranking from the previous year, we'd jump up to .8665 (.8683 if Williams commits) which would be 7th best in the conference behind only the top programs (OSU, Mich, PSU, Neb, MSU, Wis).

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It is annoying trying to find info on Cam Williams.  In the top 500 players, there are 3 separate recruits named Cameron Williams.  I saw one committed somewhere and was thinking what the hell.  He didn't even have them on his list!  Different Cam Williams.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Williams-46040097/

Archived