Jamar Johnson Arrested

I'm surprised he got charged for anything. Sounds like the cops smelled weed, he got scared and bolted, but came back and was cooperative. A lot of times they'll let that slide since he came back on his own. Wish he didn't do it, but as far as offseason troubles go, this is about a .5 out of 10.

Maybe Allen kept telling the team to get on the grass when there was a loose ball. He just took it too literally.

Events like this remind me that they are still kids with adolescent brains that are dysfunctional.  Don't know what his consequences will be  but hope he learns from this and moves his life forward in a positive direction.  One stupid episode doesn't have to define the young man.

18 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

You know since its the off season i would think players would want to work on their game..i guess gettting arrested is more important than bowl games

It gets old to hear anything of this nature coming out of the program at any time during any year.  Maybe  IU's kids who mess up will go ahead and get it out of the way early , then actually stay out of trouble in late August for once?  I cringe to think of who the next Antonio Allen or Morgan Ellison might/could be  - in terms of legal trouble coming to light literally just prior to a season,  even if this particular incident doesn't ultimately  amount  to much actual trouble. 

The way  it used to to be done, players built up notoriety before they lived by their own rules.   Maybe I'm getting old, though.. 

This rates low on my personal "big deal"  scale as well, but young men can be smarter about their off the field things.

Kids who don't get the chance to play for an IU (or any other college)would likely forgo habits  to  begin  with, in order to be able represent Indiana  or any other college in anything. 

There are things that fit as excusable young behavior, but also other things  to remember in the same breath... of weed, in this case.

My point is I just don't want to see them break the law in any way when they represent IU.

Archived