Juan Harris

Leathernecks

I see that former DT Juan Harris is visiting IU this weekend.  He left IU because of differences with the medical staff and went to JUCO.  He'd be a RS Sophomore next year.  Maybe this time we could get Ping Pong Juan to settle down and stop bouncing from place to place.

He showed that he has the skills to play DT, but would he stick around long enough to be a positive for the team or would he be a distraction?

34 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I see that former DT Juan Harris is visiting IU this weekend.  He left IU because of differences with the medical staff and went to JUCO.  He'd be a RS Sophomore next year.  Maybe this time we could get Ping Pong Juan to settle down and stop bouncing from place to place.

He showed that he has the skills to play DT, but would he stick around long enough to be a positive for the team or would he be a distraction?

Where are you seeing this? Very weird. Never mind. I saw his tweet. 

38 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Is he worth the risk/headache?

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'd probably be up for it at this point. He was injured his freshman year, so he's already used up his redshirt. If he comes back to IU and wants leave, he'd lose a year of eligibility, so that might be enough to keep him in town.

Was he the guy who committed to Iowa and Wisconsin and had several decomittments?

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Was he the guy who committed to Iowa and Wisconsin and had several decomittments?

Yep. He's also huge. Unless he's getting arrested or is a total jerk, why not take him? I would assume at this point they know what he's all about otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time. 

10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'd probably be up for it at this point. He was injured his freshman year, so he's already used up his redshirt. If he comes back to IU and wants leave, he'd lose a year of eligibility, so that might be enough to keep him in town.

I could be wrong, but I think he is eligible immediately because he would be transferring from a JC.  And yes stlboiler, I think he committed to Wisconsin, Iowa twice,  and IU twice.

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yep. He's also huge. Unless he's getting arrested or is a total jerk, why not take him? I would assume at this point they know what he's all about otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time. 

If they have the scholarship room yeah I’d agree. Assuming he isn’t someone with off-field issues, why not take a chance?

12 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I could be wrong, but I think he is eligible immediately because he would be transferring from a JC.  And yes stlboiler, I think he committed to Wisconsin, Iowa twice,  and IU twice.

He would be eligible immediately if he comes here, but if he wanted to leave IU again, then he'd lose an entire year of eligibility since he's already used his redshirt. Might be enough to get him to stay put.

15 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

That's what I'm thinking. He's somebody the staff knows all about since he played for us last year. If he was a headache when he was here, we wouldn't be interested in him this time.

He can be a Ted Washington type of space eater.  I’d like to see him lose a little weight to help him move around a little. He’s so big, his mobility is compromised. But, he’s a guy I’ve always liked in terms of potential in being a run stuffer. 

Jeremy Passmore is listed as a strong side end, but his frame may suggest being kicked inside and being a defensive tackle with quickness.  

Sio and Person are two more defensive tackles. 

At end, you’ve got to like Beau Robbins and Head and some other nice prospects. Michael Ziemba looks good and there’s Bryant, McCabe and company also developing. 

We need the help up front. I like Jerome Johnson at tackle but we need an infusion there plus our psss rush needs to take a huge step up.    I’ve thought our defensive line has been the weakest part of the team.  If this gets shored up, it will be huge because our back seven is athletic and has a high ceiling.  If the defensive line rotation improves, this is a defense that can surprise people in time.  By 2020 at least. 

Archived