DeBord or Ramsey

OLDIUFAN

48 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Debord...both. What I hate is we need 5 yards for the first down and we throw that 3 yard pass

To me, DeBord's play calling is a head scratcher.  However Ramsey and the receivers got to know how much yardage is required.  Don't they?  Run routes that will pick up the 1st down...throw passes that will pick up the 1st down.  Do something!!!

37 minutes ago, Bob said:

I was watching the replay of the Purdue game. The announcers said that of the first 59 plays Indiana had only 2 plays that where longer then 15 to 20 yards. That’s a problem, if we don’t change OC then what! What’s the offensive line going to look like? 

There is a post in here somewhere that talks about the O-line for next year.  Scout around and you will find it.

1 hour ago, rico said:

To me, DeBord's play calling is a head scratcher.  However Ramsey and the receivers got to know how much yardage is required.  Don't they?  Run routes that will pick up the 1st down...throw passes that will pick up the 1st down.  Do something!!!

And thats why I said both.

Definitely both.

The monkey DeBord uses to randomly pick plays doesn't do a very good job, and Ramsey is afraid to air the ball out.  Its like Ramsey is afraid of forcing a ball on 3rd and long.  He seems to think its better to throw a 3 yard pass to a covered receiver on 3rd and 7 with almost no shot of getting the first than to try to make something happen with one of our bigger receivers 10-15 yards down the field.  It would be one thing if we dumped off to Rondale Moore, but we don't have a guy we can get it to who can make guys miss.

16 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

It is my understanding that Ramsey was recovering from a shoulder injury and was never 100 percent healthy I believe Old Fish mentioned that on one or more of the radio broadcasts !! Fish said that affected his long passes abiliy !!

This is another reason why having depth at QB is key. 

21 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

It is my understanding that Ramsey was recovering from a shoulder injury and was never 100 percent healthy I believe Old Fish mentioned that on one or more of the radio broadcasts !! Fish said that affected his long passes abiliy !!

I don't recall Fisch ever saying that.  But I might have missed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it really showed in yesterday's PU game. Auburn aired the ball out and destroyed them down the field. We dinked and dunked and didn't take advantage of their week defense.

The talent is there on offense with Penix, Tuttle, Scott, James, Walker, Hale, Westbrook, Taylor, Whop 🤤. I'm drooling at the possibilities. Just need a QB AND an OC to take advantage of it.

Archived