Butler Postgame Thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Just need to give it to a kid, they're the only ones who can open the child-proof tops

As a professional plastics engineer I would rather bash the design engineers, that being said, you're probably right my Grandkids could have opened it in 5 seconds! 

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Alright my thoughts...

First off this is what basketball in this state is all about.  The nation(minus people in Texas) got a big dose of it today.

Juwan is an absolute stud.....can we get some more guys like him?

We need to cut down on these stupid turnovers.

Phin is the real deal.

Glad to see Smith step up his game.

McRoberts should never see the floor again.

Totally agree with everything you said , except the McRoberts comment. Archie said in the pregame message to Don Fisher that McRoberts is not 100% yet, but starting to get his legs in practice....

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Totally agree with everything you said , except the McRoberts comment. Archie said in the pregame message to Don Fisher that McRoberts is not 100% yet, but starting to get his legs in practice....

Then why is he on the floor?  

Wow, it's great to win and to win like that.  Morgan is a beast, sometimes.  Romeo needs to take over more.  RP is clutch and is going to be special.  What I cannot understand is why this team conrinually starts off slow.  That and the turnovers make every game a nail biter.  So far, so good but enough already.  At least the FT's are getting better.  But that last play? Maybe it's better to be lucky than to have a good play drawn up.

Win is a win!  Congrats to the team and especially JM and RP!

FINALLY HIT FT's!!!!!!!!!!!

This team has become the new Cardiac Kids.   

CAN WE PLEASE LIMIT THE TO's!  This team doesn't have the offensive firepower to help negate them.  

Obvious D is the ID for CAM's teams.  O has a lot of work needed.  Obvious hasn't had as much time to work on it due to injuries.   Due to lack of consistent outside shooting, we will need to rely on D and offensive efficiency for wins this year.  Which means we may have a plethora of these close wins.  D is allowing us to come out on top.  We are going to have very few easy wins this year.  Don't think this would be true with past teams.  

Team is slowly beginning to gel.  Contributions by JS, McBob,  DD were important tonight and will be necessary going forward. Need more from DG, EF.  Need SOME O from McBOB.

Just hope my Cardiovascular system can survive.  

My takes:

Juwan! Leading like a senior.

Romeo woke up a little in the second half, but it seemed like he was disinterested today. Five TO is unacceptable. 

Rob struggled a little today on D, but came up big. Kid is mentally tough. Offensive line was impressive again. 5 RB, 5 A and 1 TO. 

Smith, not his worst, hit a big 3 and had the dunk to put us up two. Solid on D most of the time, but he kills us more than he helps us IMO. Reckless on O. Wish CAM would put him on the baseline as an outlet and tell him not to move.

Al, cold today with his shot, but always plays hard and gives us energy.

Green, just bad all around.

McRoberts needs to start making the occasional shot on O bc it seems his D is a step slow this year. Occasional hussle play, but doesn’t help much.

Too many turnovers. Butler had 13 more shots as a direct result. 

Actually shot it decent from 3 today. Cut down the Turnovers and shoot 40% from 3 with our D and we’re a tough out.

Played poorly for long periods, but the D helped us find a way again. For those complaining about CAM, be glad he’s brought his D attitude to IU bc we don’t win with CTC today. With a shooter and another athlete, I like our chances in years to come.

27 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just checked Ken and IU has inched ahead of Ohio State and Butler has dropped back to 27

And I am so sorry for those PUke fans that bet against IU to make the line -1.5 Butler 😝

Kenpom makes no sense this season.  How is 9-2 IU ranked behind 6-5 Purdue? I don’t see how we’re not in the top 15 at least with a 5-2 record against the Kenpom top 50.

Archived