Our ranking (sorry if already discussed)

BADGERVOL

Good question.  IU is just one failed tip in from being 10-1. Which would put them above some two loss teams.  Yet, it seems that the pollsters have yet to buy into the Hoosiers so far this year.  Teams they had in pre-season top 25, are no longer there.  Which convinces me more.... it's not where you start out the season.... but how you finish a season.  I like IU's trajectory. 

1 minute ago, Wayward1 said:

We dropped 2 spots this week in the NET rankings after beating a top 50 team on a neutral site. Good old Louisville took our old spot. How that makes sense, who knows.  

That's what I am talking about. Disrespect.  Yet, I don't care.  Continue to take care of business, and put up the W's, no matter how close, and let's enjoy our time in the NCAAT.... when the games and rankings really matter. 

40 minutes ago, rico said:

And how many spots did UK drop after their loss to Duke?

Logic is applicable to IU in this case.  It seems silly to me for sure.  If I had to nail down a reason logic does not apply to ranking UK after their neutral court loss, it would be that you only fall so far after a loss in the polls, just as you only climb so far per game.  We we're not ranked when we played Duke, Kentucky was highly (over) ranked when they did.

Probably an unnecessary answer everyone knew, if so, my apologies.

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Virginia Tech is 13th and has one loss.  I believe they started out ranked ahead of us at the beginning of the season.  Hard to think we would be above them in that scenario.

Ummmm.  If we had won at Arky our lone loss would be at Duke.  And we have beat Penn State at Penn State.  Where is Va Tech's lone loss?  I would think to have the Hokies above us would be odd.  That being said these early polls are meaningless as I remember Arizona State from last year.  Unranked to #3 in a month.  

48 minutes ago, rico said:

Ummmm.  If we had won at Arky our lone loss would be at Duke.  And we have beat Penn State at Penn State.  Where is Va Tech's lone loss?  I would think to have the Hokies above us would be odd.  That being said these early polls are meaningless as I remember Arizona State from last year.  Unranked to #3 in a month.  

I doubt the pollsters would see too much difference between our 2 point win at Penn State and Va Tech's one point loss there.  I'm confident we would not have jumped them in the polls. It's just the way they work.

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I doubt the pollsters would see too much difference between our 2 point win at Penn State and Va Tech's one point loss there.  I'm confident we would not have jumped them in the polls. It's just the way they work.

Va Tech has wins over Purdue and Washington.  IU has wins over Marquette, Louisville, Butler, and the hypothetical Arky.  Which is the better team?

Archived