Central Arkansas Pregame Thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Officer Obie said:

I used to tease my sister-in-law (who is from Nebraska and a huge Cornhusker fan) about the University's former team nicknames - Tree-Planters, Rattlesnake Boys, Antelopes, Old Gold Knights, Bugeaters.

But I think Pea-Pickers is the winner.   :)

Not so fast, my friend. I am surprised that your wife did not know that prior to the 1900's, Nebraska was known as the "Bug Eaters". True.

Nebraska Bugeaters football team 

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I know where you were going with this question.  However, this is where having HULU on Roku is an IU fan's best friend.  Never a need to worry about missing an IU game.

Mile, not sure this is completely true? For instance when I was just in England Hulu blocked me! Even when I tried to use a VPN they blocked the VPN server! So if the games are on broadcast TV Hulu will still direct you to the local market TV station and if in Hoopsters case they don't have the game he may still be out of luck😖

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Mile, not sure this is completely true? For instance when I was just in England Hulu blocked me! Even when I tried to use a VPN they blocked the VPN server! So if the games are on broadcast TV Hulu will still direct you to the local market TV station and if in Hoopsters case they don't have the game he may still be out of luck😖

Can't speak for other countries.  All I know is that HULU brings me content related to IU, when other channels don't.

That is true and I am thankful for having Hulu, but like I said Hoopster might still be out of luck if his local station won't cover basketball. I do know that ESPN works on Hulu no mater where you are, as I even picked it up in England using the ESPN app and signing on with my Hulu service!

It will be interesting to see how things work in Russia next week, especially since VPN's are illegal in Russia!!😯

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not so fast, my friend. I am surprised that your wife did not know that prior to the 1900's, Nebraska was known as the "Bug Eaters". True.

It's my sister-in-law and years ago when we were all together and talking sports I would refer to Nebraska as the Bug Eaters. That line of humor didn't last long after my brother told me to cut it out. She is a wonderful person. She and my brother live north of Chicago, so now I have to tolerate hearing about the Blackhawks and Bears.

:)

52 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

That is true and I am thankful for having Hulu, but like I said Hoopster might still be out of luck if his local station won't cover basketball. I do know that ESPN works on Hulu no mater where you are, as I even picked it up in England using the ESPN app and signing on with my Hulu service!

It will be interesting to see how things work in Russia next week, especially since VPN's are illegal in Russia!!😯

Don't do anything that puts you in a Russian prison.  

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

The University of Central Arkansas is located in Conway, Arkansas.  The 8th most populous city in the state, with approx 66k residents.  Conway, Arkansas is home to three institutions of higher learning.  UCA has 12K students. Then there is the Norbert O. Honors College. And Hendrix College with 1,300 students attending. 

I didn't know there were three institutions of higher learning in the entire state.

A great opportunity for Indiana to work in some new actions or sets in a lower risk environment before the wild Big Ten gauntlet where anything can happen. 

Hopefully Rob Phinisee can continue building the momentum on his confidence and Justin Smith can climb a bit further out of his funk.

https://www.indianahq.com/read/5c16db7cc304320013e32fd9/scouting-report-university-of-central-arkansas-bears

18 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I know where you were going with this question.  However, this is where having HULU on Roku is an IU fan's best friend.  Never a need to worry about missing an IU game.

Mile, do you have to have any other services for HULU to pull in IU games? Just curious how this works. I cut the cord a few years ago and right now depend on a "borrowed" login to see most IU games. Would love to know more about how you get the games. If this info is in another thread already, let me know. Thx.

27 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

Mile, do you have to have any other services for HULU to pull in IU games? Just curious how this works. I cut the cord a few years ago and right now depend on a "borrowed" login to see most IU games. Would love to know more about how you get the games. If this info is in another thread already, let me know. Thx.

There are other streaming services out there that will pull IU games.  Keep in mind, this is Hulu LIve, not the basic Hulu.  I opted for Hulu Live, because for just $9.99 over the base price, they have an unlimited device option. Total comes to about $50.00/month.  Watch IU anywhere in or outside of the house.  Or on a smart phone or pad or lap top away from home.  One really neat thing during the football season, is that they offer the alternate games, while Xfinity here in Colorado does not.... which means I can view IUFB when Xfinity is covering a non IU game. Love it for watching movies at night in the summer, on one of my patios. 

The unlimited option on Hulu Live,  also allows one to view movies, tv shows, and other sporting events on your phone anywhere you go.  Make sure you have the strongest internet connection you can get. I do. And there is no lag time at all. And picture quality is better than cable HD. 

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

There are other streaming services out there that will pull IU games.  Keep in mind, this is Hulu LIve, not the basic Hulu.  I opted for Hulu Live, because for just $9.99 over the base price, they have an unlimited device option. Total comes to about $50.00/month.  Watch IU anywhere in or outside of the house.  Or on a smart phone or pad or lap top away from home.  One really neat thing during the football season, is that they offer the alternate games, while Xfinity here in Colorado does not.... which means I can view IUFB when Xfinity is covering a non IU game. Love it for watching movies at night in the summer, on one of my patios. 

The unlimited option on Hulu Live,  also allows one to view movies, tv shows, and other sporting events on your phone anywhere you go.  Make sure you have the strongest internet connection you can get. I do. And there is no lag time at all. And picture quality is better than cable HD. 

Much appreciated and great info. The biggest issue I've had with cutting the cord is live sporting events on cable channels (i.e. BTN, ESPN). I will look into this an alternative. Thx 👍

Archived