IU picks up Big Time QB Transfer

Indykev

Two things...#1.    >>>The big question is.....Can TUTTLE play right away? If so,...Ramsey may need to find another position to play, if he wants to continue to seed the field and play at IU. 

He is too smart of an athlete NOT to help this team in some productive way! JMHO

#2.    >>> If Tuttle has to sit a year, then he will be able to push both Ramsey and Penix to be even better. I feel, if this is the scenario, Penix will edge out Ramsey. 

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Two things...#1.    >>>The big question is.....Can TUTTLE play right away? If so,...Ramsey may need to find another position to play, if he wants to continue to seed the field and play at IU. 

He is too smart of an athlete NOT to help this team in some productive way! JMHO

#2.    >>> If Tuttle has to sit a year, then he will be able to push both Ramsey and Penix to be even better. I feel, if this is the scenario, Penix will edge out Ramsey. 

I can't see another position that Ramsey could play at the D1 level

Even though sports medicine has made massive strides in the last decade, there is no guarantee that Penix is going to be 100% ready for the beginning of next season, and it doesn't look like Allen was going to hedge his bets on that either.

I see nothing but positives from this: I have no idea what the beginning of the season will look like at the qb position, but by the end I would expect Tuttle or Penix to be the starter (assuming Tuttle is granted eligibility).

It's also good news because it lets us use Reese Taylor as an athlete/play maker again instead of relegating him to spot playing because he's the backup qb.

It definitely can't hurt with David Bell, either, and coupled with the fact that so many coaches were at his game last week, it's making me curious if there's something going on there.

What an exciting pickup!  A clear position of need being addressed here.  Not only will he push our current QBs but he also makes me feel a lot better about Penix and his injury.  I worry Penix might. It be back in time for the summer.  This starts an instant competition that will be fun to watch.  The fact this kid is the son of a former player is great as well.  Hopefully he has some IU pride and is excited to play here!

I don’t think we can assume he will be the starter as I think Penix is solid and Ramsey beat our Dawkins this year.  But sounds like this kid is a huge step up from Dawkins so the competition is up for grabs for sure.

Heres hoping this exciting offseason of adding transfers and recruits finally leads to improved results on the field!

If Bama can survive with 2 future pros playing the same position for them so can we. I just think in this day and age you need to have 2.....and given the fact that Tuttle is highly rated and sought after....we as a program could never say no to elevating the talent level at that position. This is awesome news to take to the recruiting trail too!

2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

What an exciting pickup!  A clear position of need being addressed here.  Not only will he push our current QBs but he also makes me feel a lot better about Penix and his injury.  I worry Penix might. It be back in time for the summer.  This starts an instant competition that will be fun to watch.  The fact this kid is the son of a former player is great as well.  Hopefully he has some IU pride and is excited to play here!

I don’t think we can assume he will be the starter as I think Penix is solid and Ramsey beat our Dawkins this year.  But sounds like this kid is a huge step up from Dawkins so the competition is up for grabs for sure.

Heres hoping this exciting offseason of adding transfers and recruits finally leads to improved results on the field!

This kid was the number 8 rated QB last year, recruited by Alabama, LSU and others. Ramsey and Penix never were. I dont think he is coming here to Push them.

35 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This kid was the number 8 rated QB last year, recruited by Alabama, LSU and others. Ramsey and Penix never were. I dont think he is coming here to Push them.

I think the battle between Penix and Tuttle could be really good.  I don't see Ramsey holding up against the two of them.  Hopefully the loser of the Penix/Tuttle battle sees that there is still an opportunity to get on the field a lot and stays here.  My brain can't comprehend having the two of them at QB for the next 4 years.

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Unless they get rid of DeBord it doesn't matter who the quarterback is. DeBoring must be put out to pasture! In saying that, congratulations on the addition to the team. Now let's update the coaching staff to match the new talent

I wonder who REALLY did the footwork on this steal of a QB? How much of Coach Allen is all over this or is it all Debord? If Allen pulled this off, Debord needs to hit the door!

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I wonder who REALLY did the footwork on this steal of a QB? How much of Coach Allen is all over this or is it all Debord? If Allen pulled this off, Debord needs to hit the door!

Kid was born in Indy. Dad was a kicker for IU. Might have been dad.

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I am holding my expectations.  He didn’t play this year at Utah, makes me wonder why, and now the transfer.  Like I said after expecting Brandon to come in and own the QB spot I am keeping my bar low.

Archived