Juwan Morgan B1G/National Player of the Week

KDB

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, rico said:

The rims are kind to him...is that what you are saying?  LOL

From what I saw...he didn't hit the rim much...lot's of swishes!! lol. Very surprised by his 3pt shooting. Definitely been putting in work on his 3's. Don't think he will ever be a great 3pt shooter but certainly should be able to hit the corner 3 well enough to satisfy his prospects.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

From what I saw...he didn't hit the rim much...lot's of swishes!! lol. Very surprised by his 3pt shooting. Definitely been putting in work on his 3's. Don't think he will ever be a great 3pt shooter but certainly should be able to hit the corner 3 well enough to satisfy his prospects.

All told....he is a dangerous man.  No way to defend him.

This is why I love college basketball. Juwan easily makes my top 10 IU players of all-time due in no small part to how he has grown over an entire 4 years of being a Hoosier. He has quietly assumed a leadership role while developing into a great player and even better human being. In this era of OADs (most of whom just disappear into the wilderness), Juwan is a rare breed. Kudos, Juwan. This guy has a very bright future ahead of him, in both basketball and life. THAT is what it's all about. 

9 minutes ago, BEKA said:

This is why I love college basketball. Juwan easily makes my top 10 IU players of all-time due in no small part to how he has grown over an entire 4 years of being a Hoosier. He has quietly assumed a leadership role while developing into a great player and even better human being. In this era of OADs (most of whom just disappear into the wilderness), Juwan is a rare breed. Kudos, Juwan. This guy has a very bright future ahead of him, in both basketball and life. THAT is what it's all about. 

When is the last time a UK had a player like this? Don't often see guys grow into the leader of your team from nothing as freshman to leaders by seniors in many of these top programs anymore. I think Robert is going to be the next 4 year great!

19 minutes ago, BEKA said:

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

When is the last time a UK had a player like this? Don't often see guys grow into the leader of your team from nothing as freshman to leaders by seniors in many of these top programs anymore. I think Robert is going to be the next 4 year great!

As far as UK, I would say '92.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

When is the last time UK had a scholarship player graduate? 

13 minutes ago, rico said:

As far as UK, I would say '92.

I was going to say Patrick Patterson but he only made it to his Junior season. I think Keith Bogans back in 03 was the last senior "leader" for the Cats. They've had a couple senior contributors like Miller and Poytress but not a real "leader" like Bogans was since 03.

23 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Still a fairly small sample, but on 27 3-point attempts, Morgan is shooting 48%. 

If he keeps shooting and stays anywhere remotely near that number, he'll get drafted, imo

If GMs ate truly drafting basketball players, he absolutely should be.  Thst said, he would probably be better off as an undrafted free agent than a second round pick.  He can pick the best fit that way.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If GMs ate truly drafting basketball players, he absolutely should be.  Thst said, he would probably be better off as an undrafted free agent than a second round pick.  He can pick the best fit that way.

Honestly I think Juwan can make a team and have a minor career in the pros...but I think he would be an absolute star overseas where he can play the four and abuse guys with his YMCA moves lol. Easily have a 10 yr career there.

Archived