IU vs Jacksonville Dec. 22, 2018

68Hoosier

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Jacksonville, Florida is named after General Andrew Jackson....the first military governor of Florida.  Who never, ever visited Jacksonville.

That means that JU is named after a city, named after a General, who never visited the city that was named after him.

Josh Smith will always be a Hoosier.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Josh Smith will always be a Hoosier.

I agree.  But wrong thread ?

Have you ever been to Jackson, Michigan. ?  On I-94 on the way to Detroit .  I have.  Also named after Andrew Jackson.  That make 2 cities named after Andrew Jackson, that I have been in, and that he never visited.  

8 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Be careful with that.  The school i went to used that as a line to get athletes to go there 3:1 girl to guy ratio.  Then when you get there, 1 of the 3 is a 45 year old adult ed student, the 2nd one is dating Jesus and 1/2 of the other third is a commuter dating their hs sweetheart so it ends up being a 2:1 guy to girl ratio.

IT'S ALL A TRAP!!!   LOL 

What's wrong with a hot cougar?

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Have you ever been to Jackson, Michigan. ?  On I-94 on the way to Detroit .  I have.  Also named after Andrew Jackson.  That make 2 cities named after Andrew Jackson, that I have been in, and that he never visited.  

No but I've been to the Hermitage in Nashville.  Worth the trip.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Ever been to Jackson Tennessee?   Also named after him but he might have actually visited that one since he had a plantation in Nashville.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, Reacher said:

I have family over for an early Christmas party Sat night. Will have the game on but not going to able to give my full attention.

I'll be flying, might be able to catch the end of the game in Miami before I head overseas. Hope I can jump on here and find out the team finally got off to a fast start!

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Ever been to Jackson Tennessee?   Also named after him but he might have actually visited that one since he had a plantation in Nashville.

Yes. I have. But it was when I was very young. Had relatives that lived in Tennessee, and we would visit for holidays. Tennessee is a pretty state.    There are approx 11 cities/counties named after the General and former President.

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I'll be flying, might be able to catch the end of the game in Miami before I head overseas. Hope I can jump on here and find out the team finally got off to a fast start!

Safe travels my friend.  And send a Merry Christmas wish to all, on behalf of Hoosier Sports Nation. 

56 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'd say this is a bigger deal than having a city named after you-

See the source image

The irony of that is that this is a Federal Reserve note.  The Fed is a central bank and Jackson’s proudest accomplishment of his presidency was that he did not allow the formation of a second central bank in the US.

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Said already in this thread that I have been there, I especially liked Rembrandt's Return of the Prodigal Son!

DAMN!  My error, sir.  Sorry about not reading earlier in the thread.  Yeah, it's amazing how much art the Russians "acquired" during WWII.  😜

Just now, jv1972iu said:

DAMN!  My error, sir.  Sorry about not reading earlier in the thread.  Yeah, it's amazing how much art the Russians "acquired" during WWII.

I've also been to Ekaterina's palace in Pushkin, it's a shame that the Amber room is just RESTORED, as the original amber panels disappeared after the German occupation in WW2!

Archived