IU vs Jacksonville Dec. 22, 2018

68Hoosier

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent a week in Jacksonville, one night.

Actually Jacksonville, Florida is pretty neat.... and big. Largest city in the lower 48 in area.  And unique . In that the downtown area is separated from the beaches and Jacksonville University by a river.  To get to the beaches, etc.... one has to get there by bridges.

Also... 10 institutions of higher learning call Jacksonville, home.

Mainheader1.jpg

^^^Jacksonville's nickname and mascot are the same. The Dolphins.

As far as famous alums are concerned, I think the one that would resonate most with HSN members is Artis Gilmore. He played in the ABA, and then with  NBA four teams, including the Denver Nuggets, and the Indiana Pacers.

Jacksonville offers degrees in many disciplines.

Tuition and fees :

Jacksonville University - Tuition, Fees, Aid and Costs - Scholarships.com

12 hours ago, Reacher said:

^^^ Going to have to recommend my sons check out that school :D

Be careful with that.  The school i went to used that as a line to get athletes to go there 3:1 girl to guy ratio.  Then when you get there, 1 of the 3 is a 45 year old adult ed student, the 2nd one is dating Jesus and 1/2 of the other third is a commuter dating their hs sweetheart so it ends up being a 2:1 guy to girl ratio.

IT'S ALL A TRAP!!!   LOL 

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

Be careful with that.  The school i went to used that as a line to get athletes to go there 3:1 girl to guy ratio.  Then when you get there, 1 of the 3 is a 45 year old adult ed student, the 2nd one is dating Jesus and 1/2 of the other third is a commuter dating their hs sweetheart so it ends up being a 2:1 guy to girl ratio.

IT'S ALL A TRAP!!!   LOL 

"Women are like fine wine, they only get better with age."

Interested to see what Green does as the lead point with Rob out, following Green's best game. 

As injuries / concussion protocols go, it really could be the case that this is making our team all the stronger for the mid B1G to tourney push.

Green could be a big part of that push, the more he improves his on-ball game/decision-making/floor leadership the better. 

I'm still floored by how well Rob has adjusted to the college game. Started to hit the frosh wall, and then jumped over it.

25 minutes ago, KDB said:

Archie says that Rob is still in concussion protocol and will not play on Saturday against Jacksonville. Per Alex Bozich on Twitter.

We'll be fine tomorrow without him but we really need him against Illinois.  They have no true rivals so this is their national title game.  Underwood gets a big fat bonus when he beats IU.  You can bet the farm he'll spend 10 days prepping for that game.  Our guards will get hacked early and often.

6 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

IT'S ALL A TRAP!!!   LOL 

Lol...too funny and I agree. And in today's society...who knows what they qualify as female. (Please don't take that offensively...just a fact) I would hate to have to come up with a census card and the PC nightmare that would ensue.

2 hours ago, rico said:

I just looked at the stats...the Irish torched them from deep.  18-32 from behind the arc.

Don't expect those numbers from us....we shot much better than I expected (specifically Green) the other night but that is not a strength of ours to be sure. I want our guys to stroke it confidently...but just not with too much confidence if you catch my drift lol. Just hope we don't fall in love with the 3 because I see us as more streaky than consistent.

Archived