IU vs Jacksonville Dec. 22, 2018

68Hoosier

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
With big improvements over the course of games, IU's Archie Miller is showing that he can make adjustments on the fly -- which is a big story behind IU's strong start to the 2018-19 season.

Yeah but what does that have to do with I.M. Pei's Louvre addition? Jeesh.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
With big improvements over the course of games, IU's Archie Miller is showing that he can make adjustments on the fly -- which is a big story behind IU's strong start to the 2018-19 season.

They've shown the ability to lock down defensively late in games. A big part of the difference from first half to second half, though, is the first half turnovers leading to more possessions and open looks for the opponent. With their half court defense and offensive efficiency, if the cut down the careless turnovers, look out.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:34 AM, milehiiu said:

I spent a week in Jacksonville, one night.

Actually Jacksonville, Florida is pretty neat.... and big. Largest city in the lower 48 in area.  And unique . In that the downtown area is separated from the beaches and Jacksonville University by a river.  To get to the beaches, etc.... one has to get there by bridges.

Also... 10 institutions of higher learning call Jacksonville, home.

Mainheader1.jpg

Don’t forget the better school in Jacksonville UNF who has a lazy river for their freshmen!!!

21 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

A week ago Little Keet was in the hospital with pneumonia, today he is headed to the game with me. 

Great news !  And what a relief for the both of you.

I guess I don't have to tell you to enjoy the game, after what you have been through.

Thanks very much for the update.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

It's a chance for Demazi to get some minutes.  Hopefully his D looks better.

Injuries, this year, IMHO have been a blessing in disguise.  In that, guys are getting more PT than expected.

And maybe, more importantly.... Archie who professed an affliction of going deep when he came to IU.... has been forced to go deep... and IMHO as well, has become a better coach because of that.

Archived