Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, Ha, Ha. Just what I have been telling you.  Every self respecting IU fan knows who Garcia's final seven are.  Even TDH has a short blurb about it. IU Basketball Recruiting: Hoosiers Make 2020 Forward Dawson Garcia’s Final Seven – The Daily Hoosier

Yet.  Peegs chose to put Dawson's list behind a paywall !  What the heck.  They don't own IU info.  Just want you to pay for it.

1 hour ago, cbread said:

Dawson probably doesn't need a reminder; however hoops really are important in the Hoosier State.EEsH61yXoAAAz2J.jpg

The outlier is the Alfred J Loos sports complex in Addison, TX. It's a shared facility, so not really comparable

Alfred J. Loos Sports Complex is a group of sporting facilities built by the Dallas Independent School District in the neighboring city of Addison. For more than 40 years, Dallas ISD schools and other events have had the luxury of playing their games here. The complex Features a football stadium, a softball field, a natatorium, and one of the largest high school gymnasiums in the country. The complex is equipped with 6 locker rooms in the field house, coaches rooms, training rooms, a hospitality room, and areas for concessions.

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The outlier is the Alfred J Loos sports complex in Addison, TX. It's a shared facility, so not really comparable

Alfred J. Loos Sports Complex is a group of sporting facilities built by the Dallas Independent School District in the neighboring city of Addison. For more than 40 years, Dallas ISD schools and other events have had the luxury of playing their games here. The complex Features a football stadium, a softball field, a natatorium, and one of the largest high school gymnasiums in the country. The complex is equipped with 6 locker rooms in the field house, coaches rooms, training rooms, a hospitality room, and areas for concessions.

So they are a fraud! That's what I just read!  ;)

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Well. Gotta say that it is an impressive list  Not only Coach Miller going against Roy, but also Coach Miller going after  his own brother. 

Wild competition for him. Have to beat out the home school (Minn), the hype (Memphis), the brother+$ (UA), the successful blue bloods with entrenched HCs+$ and no classes (UK, UNC), and Marquette. It's like a cage match. If we come out on top, I will be very, very, very impressed. 

2 hours ago, cbread said:

Dawson probably doesn't need a reminder; however hoops really are important in the Hoosier State.EEsH61yXoAAAz2J.jpg

New Castle got bumped from their perch last year because they were counting capacity if they included temporary seating that is not up, and has not been for years.

The Wigwam is no longer used for high school basketball.

Seymour now officially holds the crown as largest high school basketball arena in use.

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

Wild competition for him. Have to beat out the home school (Minn), the hype (Memphis), the brother+$ (UA), the successful blue bloods with entrenched HCs+$ and no classes (UK, UNC), and Marquette. It's like a cage match. If we come out on top, I will be very, very, very impressed. 

No inside intel. However, based on what I have read. Believe Minnesota has an edge up. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

My Dad and his brothers went to high school at old Evansville Central and played basketball in the old Central HS gym. I then played tons of pick up basketball games at the Y on many Friday & Saturday nights with my cousins from my Dad's side of the family. None of us went to the old Central as it was gone by the time we went to high school. It really is a neat facility. I learned how to swim at that Y and I always thought it was a real treat to go into downtown & play basketball or swim in there. Also pretty cool that my Dad went there as well (Class of 1958). 

54 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

My Dad and his brothers went to high school at old Evansville Central and played basketball in the old Central HS gym. I then played tons of pick up basketball games at the Y on many Friday & Saturday nights with my cousins from my Dad's side of the family. None of us went to the old Central as it was gone by the time we went to high school. It really is a neat facility. I learned how to swim at that Y and I always thought it was a real treat to go into downtown & play basketball or swim in there. Also pretty cool that my Dad went there as well (Class of 1958). 

Really neat story. I appreciated very much. And thank you for sharing.   WOW !

1 hour ago, Indytime said:

Geronimo was on the Hoosier Sound earlier and said he has reached out to Dawson. Basicaly told him to take a visit because they are building a championship class. I think IU got a steal with Jordan.

Galloway and Leal have been in his ear for a while now too.

Archived