Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, KDB said:

If one were to visit the Marquette campus, vs IU.  Especially in the fall. Honestly.  What one would you choose ?

I realize that a campus is not the end all and be all.  However, Archie and his gang are not chopped liver, either.  

GO HOOSIERS !

In this case I think the guys on the roster will matter. I think Leal and Galloway are our best influence here. They played on the same circuit, and they showed out. 

I'm a huge fan of this kid's skills. Total package, modern player. Very good ball handler at 6'11". Steps out for the 3. Would love to have him on the team for what is a very nice class. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Well, you can;t get them all.  Hopefully, there is a backup plan.  

A lot riding on a team picked 9th or 10th by almost every talking head. I have a gut feeling this is going to be my favorite team in some time. We have to start winning to get recruits like this. This team if certain guys make that jump could be the turn around.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m afraid we aren’t going to get this one. Hope I’m wrong.

If not, at least we don't have the entire class riding on the hopes of landing him. Garcia would be the gravy in this class. Fortunately, we've got the meat, taters and bread already on the plate. We won't starve. Sure would taste better with the gravy, but at least the staples are covered.

54 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If not, at least we don't have the entire class riding on the hopes of landing him. Garcia would be the gravy in this class. Fortunately, we've got the meat, taters and bread already on the plate. We won't starve. Sure would taste better with the gravy, but at least the staples are covered.

Starve?  No, but adding a PG and a big man to this class would be huge.

6 minutes ago, BDB said:

You don’t think Minny is a player in this recruitment?

With the Pitino family nothing is out of the question. I think he is keeping the home team in it to keep people happy but I get the feeling the kid wants to go to a more successful/established program. Now...that also hurts us because lately we have struggled but let's be real...it wasn't that long ago we won the B1G and were in the S16. Plus I think we have some players he would like to play with. Plug him next to Trayce and that's as athletic a front court that complements each other greatly. If we get up against some bruising bigs we have Brunk to come in and play alongside. Add in some great kids to play along side like Leal and Galloway and I think there is a comfort level here with him. When I worry about the home school I usually have heard glowing praise of the coaches and program etc. I just haven't gotten that vibe from him.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think he is correct.  At this point but as we all know it's very fluid

Hopefully the coaching staff keeps pushing and he pushes his decision to spring time.  If we have a good upcoming season and make the NCAA tournament before his decision I think that could move the needle in favor of IU if it's 50/50 between IU and Marquette. 

I'll just leave this here with the hope that anyone making an important decision about college will see it.

According to 2019 FBI crime data, Milwaukee (home of Marquette) is the sixth most dangerous big city in the United States (Google "Milwaukee crime ranking" for source).

Milwaukee also averages 45 inches of snow a year.  Bloomington get 17, most of which quickly melts.

Marquette's campus is next to a massive highway crossroads (pic below).  For all those police cars and snowplows.

I know Archie would never negative sell a recruit.  Rightfully so.  But as someone who lives in Wisconsin, I just had to show the whole picture.  Even people in Milwaukee avoid Milwaukee.

Marquette.JPG

Archived