Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

9 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I'll just leave this here with the hope that anyone making an important decision about college will see it.

According to 2019 FBI crime data, Milwaukee (home of Marquette) is the sixth most dangerous big city in the United States (Google "Milwaukee crime ranking" for source).

Milwaukee also averages 45 inches of snow a year.  Bloomington get 17, most of which quickly melts.

Marquette's campus is next to a massive highway crossroads (pic below).  For all those police cars and snowplows.

I know Archie would never negative sell a recruit.  Rightfully so.  But as someone who lives in Wisconsin, I just had to show the whole picture.  Even people in Milwaukee avoid Milwaukee.

Marquette.JPG

Image result for Hell and wisconsin cartoon

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Madison22 said:

I'll just leave this here with the hope that anyone making an important decision about college will see it.

According to 2019 FBI crime data, Milwaukee (home of Marquette) is the sixth most dangerous big city in the United States (Google "Milwaukee crime ranking" for source).

Milwaukee also averages 45 inches of snow a year.  Bloomington get 17, most of which quickly melts.

Marquette's campus is next to a massive highway crossroads (pic below).  For all those police cars and snowplows.

I know Archie would never negative sell a recruit.  Rightfully so.  But as someone who lives in Wisconsin, I just had to show the whole picture.  Even people in Milwaukee avoid Milwaukee.

Marquette.JPG

Understand your point and agree completely— I lived in Wisconsin for 8 years. 

In saying that, the kid comes from Minnesota. Lots of snow there, so on that point, maybe the familiar is comforting. 

Milwaukee certainly has changed since I lived there, but to be fair, a high level basketball recruit , at a basketball school, is going to be isolated from many of the problems. 

Who knows what appeals to Dawson most. I will be interested to see how this plays out 

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

My question is what happened at Marquette last year. Seemed like the team gave up and even their best players abandoned ship after the year. Makes me wonder about Wojo. 

The Hausers bolted because they didn’t like that Markus Howard busted chucked up shots on offense every possession. 

31 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The Hausers bolted because they didn’t like that Markus Howard busted chucked up shots on offense every possession. 

Yeah the day he announced he was returning the next day they announced they were transferring. That said that still is about the coach and how he runs the team. I know transfers are normal but Marquette has had several over the past few years and losing half your starting lineup and flaming out at the end of the year doesn’t speak well of the coach. I’d avoid them if I was Dawson lol.

20 hours ago, dgambill said:

My question is what happened at Marquette last year. Seemed like the team gave up and even their best players abandoned ship after the year. Makes me wonder about Wojo. 

The Marquette fans probably have the same questions about IU last year.

40 minutes ago, BDB said:

The Marquette fans probably have the same questions about IU last year.

We had a rash of injuries and had that bad stretch but we actually finished the season strong on win streak until we failed to show up in the B1G tournament. Marquette just fell apart because the team didn’t like each other.

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

We had a rash of injuries and had that bad stretch but we actually finished the season strong on win streak until we failed to show up in the B1G tournament. Marquette just fell apart because the team didn’t like each other.

Ummm…. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there was some "chemistry" issues on last years' team as well? You know locker room stuff where the head coach got involved?

34 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ummm…. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there was some "chemistry" issues on last years' team as well? You know locker room stuff where the head coach got involved?

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of rumors and speculation for sure. Much has been proven to not have happened.

So possible. But the injuries were 100% factual and played a role.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:48 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Not a surprise as Purdue had honed in on 3 guys to fill that last spot and Garcia wasn’t one of them. Down to Dickinson, Kalkbrenner, and Carlson. 

Where do you think he lands?

Word is that Dickinson is no longer considering Purdue.  And according to Purdue fans, it's because Painter stopped recruiting him.  Dickinson is announcing his final 4 schools today.

Archived