Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know nothing!! I do know people that do know things. They dont like where we are they LOVE it!!  Could potentially pull the trigger shortly after visit if all goes well

Oh man...football is just getting going and now you got me itching for some round ball....dang don't let me down IU!!

This kind of recruiting should start putting us on the map for some national recruits too. 21 may be loaded at home but we can't always just depend on in state talent to get where we want to be. I've known Archie was a great recruiter from his days at Arizona and how he constructed his teams at Dayton...it won't be long and it will just come down to executing on the court. I ain't going to lie....I just hope he is a better coach than his brother because I've never been impressed with Sean's Xs and Os. Hopefully Archie is the complete package!

Also I like visiting after Memphis....with kids on campus....nice fall day. I mean Bloomington and Memphis are completely different cities...and the campus reflect that too! I also think our roster fits him better. He would be a focal point and have immediate playing time as opposed to one ball and 5 guys trying to get theirs at Memphis. Also if some don't leave this year then he could be playing behind them next year with all their 5* recruits they brought in last year. I'm still worried about Marquette...but hopefully we make the kid feel at home. Also...lay it on thick Trey and Anthony!

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh man...football is just getting going and now you got me itching for some round ball....dang don't let me down IU!!

This kind of recruiting should start putting us on the map for some national recruits too. 21 may be loaded at home but we can't always just depend on in state talent to get where we want to be. I've known Archie was a great recruiter from his days at Arizona and how he constructed his teams at Dayton...it won't be long and it will just come down to executing on the court. I ain't going to lie....I just hope he is a better coach than his brother because I've never been impressed with Sean's Xs and Os. Hopefully Archie is the complete package!

Also I like visiting after Memphis....with kids on campus....nice fall day. I mean Bloomington and Memphis are completely different cities...and the campus reflect that too! I also think our roster fits him better. He would be a focal point and have immediate playing time as opposed to one ball and 5 guys trying to get theirs at Memphis. Also if some don't leave this year then he could be playing behind them next year with all their 5* recruits they brought in last year. I'm still worried about Marquette...but hopefully we make the kid feel at home. Also...lay it on thick Trey and Anthony!

I have never been to the Memphis campus, but have been to the city multiple times.

Where is the campus? Is it in the city ala UofL?

And yes.....Memphis and Bloomington are VERY different from one another.....

43 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Thanks for the update and I hope all is well with you and Ayden!

Thank you. He is doing pretty well. He has recovered from mouth surgery.  Not sure how well the graft took so there may be more in store for him. Seems like every week presents a new challenge for him. He was so excited he was finally physically able to run the mile. He has never been cleared to do so. He finally was and ran the whole thing in his practice run and then when he was running it for his time he stumbled and ended up tearing his meniscus in his right knee. No surgery needed thankfully but he will not get 5he award for running it that he looked so forward to. I told him these obstacles are only making you stronger and shaping you into a great young man

14 minutes ago, JugRox said:

I have never been to the Memphis campus, but have been to the city multiple times.

Campus is about 20min from Beale Street, closer to the trendier part of Memphis.

33 minutes ago, JugRox said:

It’s on the east side of Memphis if I remember correctly. Been awhile. But yes in the city. Driven by parts of it a couple times never spent any time there. You can google pics and maps I’m sure to get a better impression for yourself I’m sure. Has one of the highest reported crime incidences of all major college and universities in the Us. I’d say top 25% UL I think has a higher rate and honestly not in a good part of town. Memphis id say is in a better part of town than UL. It’s not the worst but not pretty necessarily either. Nothing compared to our campus that has more of an academic and scenic vibe. IU feels like it’s own place. I’d say Memphis feels like part of the city imo like UL. And that may appeal to some as well.

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you. He is doing pretty well. He has recovered from mouth surgery.  Not sure how well the graft took so there may be more in store for him. Seems like every week presents a new challenge for him. He was so excited he was finally physically able to run the mile. He has never been cleared to do so. He finally was and ran the whole thing in his practice run and then when he was running it for his time he stumbled and ended up tearing his meniscus in his right knee. No surgery needed thankfully but he will not get 5he award for running it that he looked so forward to. I told him these obstacles are only making you stronger and shaping you into a great young man

That is some great parenting

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you and in all honesty he has taught me much much more than I will ever teach him. I do appreciate the compliment. Ayden has helped me to become a better father

All this is tearing me up. I’m away from home and the little one and it’s making miss her! I agree sounds like you are doing a fine job Bills! Prayers for continued healing and well being for Ayden!

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I can say that I’ve heard similar things as to what Billingsley stated.  In really, really good shape hear.  He wants to be committed before this season starts as well. 🙏

Meaning his high school season?  Their first game is Dec 5th.  Talks out of his Memphis visit were he wanted to make a decision around Thanksgiving.

————————————————

Edit:  @CoachSS  Any timeline details to clear the water a bit?

No matter what happens let's be fair to Archie. He has had us in these battles for highly ranked kids more often than not. He is getting us close and kids respond to his recruiting message. Some are going to fall our way and others aren't. The more established the program becomes with Archie's players the less uncertainty and I fully believe we will start seeing 5* recruits start choosing IU. The program has been in transition and 2019/20 could be the stabilizing class that allows Archie's vision and success to begin taking shape. Can't say how big Garcia and Lander will be to the program the next two years to land both of them.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

All this is tearing me up. I’m away from home and the little one and it’s making miss her! I agree sounds like you are doing a fine job Bills! Prayers for continued healing and well being for Ayden!

You'll feel better when you have a teenager. Then you'll be happy when you have time to yourself.

:) 

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know nothing!! I do know people that do know things. They dont like where we are they LOVE it!!  Could potentially pull the trigger shortly after visit if all goes well

Could you please site your sources in MLA format and have it double notorized and approved thru congress?  Until this is presented to the forum, i just dont see how we as a group can rely on what you are telling us. :coffee:

HAHAHA. I kid I kid!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's awesome news!!!!!

22 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Could you please site your sources in MLA format and have it double notorized and approved thru congress?  Until this is presented to the forum, i just dont see how we as a group can rely on what you are telling us. :coffee:

HAHAHA. I kid I kid!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's awesome news!!!!!

Sorry I was out of school before MLA format so I can't oblige. otherwise i would😀

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You'll feel better when you have a teenager. Then you'll be happy when you have time to yourself.

:) 

Lol...thanks. I'm 40 and she is my only. We've had a lot of losses in our road to having her and we feel so very blessed to have a healthy child. She is already growing so very fast already I can't even imagine her a teenager! I guess by that time I'll be too old and exhausted to chase her anyway lol.

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lol...thanks. I'm 40 and she is my only. We've had a lot of losses in our road to having her and we feel so very blessed to have a healthy child. She is already growing so very fast already I can't even imagine her a teenager! I guess by that time I'll be too old and exhausted to chase her anyway lol.

Wait until your little girl is 22 and a senior at IU and you will wonder where the time went.  When they are young you always wonder what your kids will be like when they grow up and become adults.  Just cherish every moment you have because those moments are fleeting and will never be able to get them back.  Also my son is now 19 and a sophomore in college and it just seemed like I was teaching him about sports when he was 5.  Now we found out a couple of months ago he is going to be a father and in turn make me a grandpa.  They just grow up so fast and sometimes earlier than they have to.

Archived