Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

First of all I will say this outcome probably won't happen but look at this  roster for 2021-22 if no one leaves.

Seniors- RP, Anderson, Thompson

Juniors- TJD, Hunter, Franklin

Sophomore- Garcia, Geronimo, Leal, Galloway

Freshman- Hopefully Lander and Kaufmann.

You forgot Furst.  Archie is landing him too.  Maybe your pessimism would be better served at the Rivals board 😃

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I do not worry about his motor or toughness, simply because it seems Archie recruits those traits above all. ,

I hope you're right.  However, Archie tolerated uninspired play last year.  Or even worse, you saw guys not playing hard with no repercussions in terms of playing time.  It's one thing to like those traits but it won't matter if its not demanded.  

It's one thing to shoot 2-10 and stay in the game.  But, if you don't play hard all the time, that's unforgivable.  Knight would rather play a walkon or a four guard lineup rather than let a kid not go all out.  There was that lackluster start against Michigan, which just from a sense of pride standpoint, should have fired up the team because they were getting humiliated as players out there.  At Northwestern, you had their gimpy stiff come in and hit 7 threes while the team didn't close out or play hard.  That was a lackluster Northwestern team and that should never happen. 

If you're losing anyway (12 of 13 happened), you can get through to players by sitting them down.  You can lose the battle but get a turnaround in effort and win the war.  And if a player is so delicate that he doesn't respond well, then they shouldn't be here.  The second issue was the lack of tactical adjustments of Archie to stem the tide.  

I hope we don't continue to see these traits from an Archie team.  He says all the right things and claims he understands Indiana basketball.  I like him and his attitude.  He's recruiting well.  But you'd like to see a trait where you say "man, that team plays hard" and "Archie can scheme you to victory."  Neither was true in two years.  Like I said, if I interviewed Archie, I would be all in.  But the results belie all the talk.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
See recent videos, interviews, quotes, assessments, and other essential information as IU welcomes their top 2020 target to campus this weekend during what should be the final weeks of Dawson Garcia's recruitment.

I really wish there was a way to pin your link to the top of every page in a recruit thread....because I can post all the videos etc on here but they get buried in a couple days but I urge EVERYONE to click your link if you want to see videos, interviews, etc about Dawson or any of our recruits. @The Daily Hoosier  has it all in one place so you don't have to go searching. Check it out guys!!

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
See recent videos, interviews, quotes, assessments, and other essential information as IU welcomes their top 2020 target to campus this weekend during what should be the final weeks of Dawson Garcia's recruitment.

Have to like this:

“Coach Miller has made a really good impression. They’ve been coaching me throughout this entire recruiting process and they aren’t all just hyping me up. Tom (Ostrom) I’ve known him for a long time throughout the process and he’s been really good to me. They’ve all been really real, that stands out a lot.”

— Garcia on Indiana via Rivals

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Have to like this:

“Coach Miller has made a really good impression. They’ve been coaching me throughout this entire recruiting process and they aren’t all just hyping me up. Tom (Ostrom) I’ve known him for a long time throughout the process and he’s been really good to me. They’ve all been really real, that stands out a lot.”

After that quote the only thing missing is a pen and papers..nice to hear

5 hours ago, cybergates said:

Image result for excited hockey baby gif

My favorite gif on the internet by far lol!!

Anyone get the Cody/Victor combo vibe coming from Garcia/Geronimo? I'm dreaming of the possibilities lol!! Throwing in great leaders and players like Leal and Galloway and this is shaping up to be a special class. Sandwiched in-between Armaan/TJD and hopefully Lander/Kaufman/Furst something special is brewing in Bloomington. This kid in the pic has it exactly right lol!!!

25 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Have to like this:

THIS!!

46 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Have to like this:

This is big. Minnesota is a BIG hot bed of D1 talent. Having a connection with Race and Garcia and their AAU program and with Ostrom will pay huge dividends down the road with other recruits. Best thing you can say to a recruit is talk to your coach about me...talk to your AAU coach. Let them tell you about the other kids they sent to me and how much they've loved the process and time at IU. I have to say Ostrom deserves a big kudos for his work and resume in Minnesota in getting kids out of there. It's a great state for basketball and can't be ignored. Glad we have made inroads there!

Archived