Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Garcia and TJD would be VERY complementary players, in my opinion.   I think their skill sets would mesh ideally.  

Add in a bruiser in Brunk and that's a very formable trio at the 4/5.  Brunk brings the upper classman experience, TJD would have a year under his belt and can address any immediately improvements during next summer and Garcia can do what he does.  This would be a very good front court, each player brings something unique.     

14 hours ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

Spoke very highly of Indiana.  Said he is great friends with Anthony and Trey.  Said the Indiana fanbase is by far the best out of any school that is recruiting him.  Said while on his visit that Indiana felt like home.  Plans to announce Nov 20.  Got to like our chances

1 hour ago, rico said:

We are gonna have to stand in line on this one.  Minnesota thinks they got him.  Memphis thinks they got him.  Marquette knows they got him.  And then there is us patiently waiting...

Minnesota and Memphis people are not very confident. The Minnesota "insider" Ryan James posted about an hour ago its Indiana or Marquette. Memphis fans aren't even posting about him.

To add to this....apparently Minny fans were hoping to get him to the home game last night and it was very telling that Garcia was a no show.

IMO....its Marquette or Indiana..... but who knows....

11 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Minnesota and Memphis people are not very confident. The Minnesota "insider" Ryan James posted about an hour ago its Indiana or Marquette. Memphis fans aren't even posting about him.

IMO....its Marquette or Indiana..... but who knows....

My post was tongue in cheek.

15 hours ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

Spoke very highly of Indiana.  Said he is great friends with Anthony and Trey.  Said the Indiana fanbase is by far the best out of any school that is recruiting him.  Said while on his visit that Indiana felt like home.  Plans to announce Nov 20.  Got to like our chances

Did not get to hear it but what did he say about Marquette and was it a pro IU interview.

8 minutes ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

Only thing I'd say was substantial that he said about Marquette was that they'd be recruiting him since freshman year.

Thanks, just was wondering because it seems like the recruit will say all good things about whatever school they are talking about.

9 minutes ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

Only thing I'd say was substantial that he said about Marquette was that they'd be recruiting him since freshman year.

He said Minnesota had been recruiting him since freshmen year not Marquette.. he said He Has built a good relationship with coaching staff at Marquette and that he feels comfortable there. He also said that about IU though. All in all not to dissect the interview to much but it seemed more pro IU than any other school

Hey everyone, been a long time since I posted, but I read everyday, and the poster on this site are great. I love you can actually go to a social media site and not see all the bickering 24/7. HSN is what all site should strive to be, and I thank everyone involved who makes it happen. Year 3 and I like the direction of the team and Garcia would be a great add. I have regarding Marquette and if it would affect any decision.

Wojo after the meltdown during the season last year, getting pounded by Murray St. in the tournament, and the Hauser twins leaving seems to have a few hot embers underneath his coaching seat. The extension he got was more for recruiting purposes from what I have read, considering how long it took to give him the extension. Now who knows what is actually going on, but I will say the Hauser brothers leaving put a big question mark in my mind as to what was going on at Marquette.

My question, will this affect Garcia's decision, or is everything OK in the Marquette Bball world and people are reading too much into all that transpired.

1 hour ago, Iuprof said:

Hey everyone, been a long time since I posted, but I read everyday, and the poster on this site are great. I love you can actually go to a social media site and not see all the bickering 24/7. HSN is what all site should strive to be, and I thank everyone involved who makes it happen. Year 3 and I like the direction of the team and Garcia would be a great add. I have regarding Marquette and if it would affect any decision.

Wojo after the meltdown during the season last year, getting pounded by Murray St. in the tournament, and the Hauser twins leaving seems to have a few hot embers underneath his coaching seat. The extension he got was more for recruiting purposes from what I have read, considering how long it took to give him the extension. Now who knows what is actually going on, but I will say the Hauser brothers leaving put a big question mark in my mind as to what was going on at Marquette.

My question, will this affect Garcia's decision, or is everything OK in the Marquette Bball world and people are reading too much into all that transpired.

The Hauser brothers got tired of the team being all about what Howard wanted to do and not actually being a team from what I have gathered. 

Archived