Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

10 minutes ago, ClusterHead said:

Guys, trust me when I say I just got off the phone with a friend of a guy who was sitting outside of Cook Hall when he overheard two random staffers talking about the one person that called a psychic hotline and was told about how said psychic had a vision of a discussion between a random “street preacher” and a passerby who may have said that Garcia was coming to IU and Marquette was a distant 7th place out of 5 schools.

79612F38-2F22-4875-AAEA-62D031B2D264.jpeg

Image result for Arizona psychic hit by car he never saw coming"

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember people. I have been doing this for a long, long time.  As I know many, many of you have been around for a long time as well.  Any anonymous poster can post most anything. And get away with it.   Especially on a board that is not moderated. Or moderated well.

I will never forget the time when one of those types started a thread on Hoosier Nation, on the old Scout Platform, late one night.  Saying that John Decker, who ran the site, and who by the way is currently employed by Indiana University.... had passed away.  It took until the next morning for Mr. Decker,  to put that rumor to bed.

Suffice it to say.  Take all this stuff with a huge grain of salt.  UNLESS, a poster/member has a great record of feeding great information to your or our site. We have many members of Hoosier Sports Nation that are like that. Won't name names, right now, not to slight any of them. But most of you know who they are.  The guys, I always say... when ________ speaks. It is time to listen.

Knowing how tight the Garcia family is keeping this recruitment close to their vest. And how they intend it to be a family affair. I highly doubt that MU member is doing nothing but blowing smoke.  Notice.... you are not seeing that from our guys, that are in the know.  Other than, expressing the decision is most likely between MU and IU.  So, IMHO...the MU guy is reaching... hoping the decision is for the school he is a fan of.

11 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

I highly doubt a 5-star recruit will make a decision based upon "liking the campus." Maybe I'll post there and say that I heard from a friend of a friend that Dawson really liked the availability of long-sleeved T-shirts at the Union and now wants to come to IU.

Better yet.  Post that Dawson felt disrespected by having to put on a MU uni.... and then kicked out into the street.

The symbolism of that is what struck me most about that picture.

At IU. We picture the recruit in the Carnegie Hall of College Basketball.

1 hour ago, ClusterHead said:

Guys, trust me when I say I just got off the phone with a friend of a guy who was sitting outside of Cook Hall when he overheard two random staffers talking about the one person that called a psychic hotline and was told about how said psychic had a vision of a discussion between a random “street preacher” and a passerby who may have said that Garcia was coming to IU and Marquette was a distant 7th place out of 5 schools.

79612F38-2F22-4875-AAEA-62D031B2D264.jpeg

I got similar info from Dave "the king" Wilson's favorite psychic (famed Bulgarian seer Madame Balzich). 😁

Mark your calendars for November 20.

But just heard from one of those guys I just said.... when they talk.... you should listen.  A signing could come sooner than Nov. 20.  And I stress could.   And no. He did not know where. 

Just keep your eyes on this thread in the next several days. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Tip of the hat to you. Respect.  A predicate, as in basis for CC starting Hoosier Sports Nation in the first place. CC and the gang ( the mods) do a great job of maintaining civility on HSN.  Posters from other boards, as well as fan bases, are always welcome. So long as they abide by our simple rules, and are civil towards our members and mods.

I appreciate your loyalty to HSN. And I am sure CC as well as this gang (the mods) do as well.

Ahhh yes, Respect. No one could say it better than the "Queen of Soul"   Aretha Franklin!!

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

All I’m going to say is the IU coaches are very and I mean very optimistic.....

Amen brother. I know things can change but as always appreciate the input. As Mile said earlier....following message board recruiting for decades you pick and choose posters with credibility. Glad to know this board has several that are right far more often than not. Thanks again. 

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Still remember the ketchup kid.....  just sayin'.  😥

Yeah.  But.   AND you or others   can correct me if I am wrong.  But Rabby is not making late night travel trips to Minnesota, as he did with Brooks.... in order to fan the flames of IU fans. Like he did with Brooks.

3 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Snow picked UK a week or more before the announcement.

i wasn’t around here for Brooks, but he was basically a UK lock on Peegs after his official there.

Snow was used as a pawn to disseminate information as to the reason why Brooks wasn't going to choose IU. Started about 60 days before his announcement. He never tweets anything about IU recruiting and boom....he tweeted comments about IU fans,etc.....the plan was in place and Brooks family (to their credit) found a pawn. 

Edit-I digress.....hope Dawson Garcia chooses IU. Could really, really be the missing piece for next year. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Remember people. I have been doing this for a long, long time.  As I know many, many of you have been around for a long time as well.  Any anonymous poster can post most anything. And get away with it.   Especially on a board that is not moderated. Or moderated well.

I will never forget the time when one of those types started a thread on Hoosier Nation, on the old Scout Platform, late one night.  Saying that John Decker, who ran the site, and who by the way is currently employed by Indiana University.... had passed away.  It took until the next morning for Mr. Decker,  to put that rumor to bed.

Suffice it to say.  Take all this stuff with a huge grain of salt.  UNLESS, a poster/member has a great record of feeding great information to your or our site. We have many members of Hoosier Sports Nation that are like that. Won't name names, right now, not to slight any of them. But most of you know who they are.  The guys, I always say... when ________ speaks. It is time to listen.

Knowing how tight the Garcia family is keeping this recruitment close to their vest. And how they intend it to be a family affair. I highly doubt that MU member is doing nothing but blowing smoke.  Notice.... you are not seeing that from our guys, that are in the know.  Other than, expressing the decision is most likely between MU and IU.  So, IMHO...the MU guy is reaching... hoping the decision is for the school he is a fan of.

I agree based on our insiders we’d at least be hearing info that would cast doubt on an IU signing if this MU insider was correct. 

Color me skeptical of their source.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Snow was used as a pawn to disseminate information as to the reason why Brooks wasn't going to choose IU. Started about 60 days before his announcement. He never tweets anything about IU recruiting and boom....he tweeted comments about IU fans,etc.....the plan was in place and Brooks family (to their credit) found a pawn. 

Edit-I digress.....hope Dawson Garcia chooses IU. Could really, really be the missing piece for next year. 

Snow does a IU only recruiting overview every week. He wasn’t “used” IMO.

It’s in the past, time to move on.....

I'm sure Dawson was pleasant around the coaches and team during his Marquette visit even if he was 90% sure what his destination prior to the visit.  He strikes me as a young man that tries to please people and he made it clear that telling programs no was the hardest part of the recruitment process for him, so it's not hard to believe that he's been nice enough to all coaching staffs that there is a level of hope in every camp. 

He's not going to Minnesota.  They stay in as a courtesy to the local team, but that staff has shown nothing as far as development or any real pattern of success.  Off the court, it's a nightmare program.  Several recruits have gotten into legal trouble and it just doesn't have the feel of a program that's cohesive and has confidence in the coach (small wonder...he's been the worst coach in the Big Ten for years.  His name has gotten him some players, but even when he's had talent, he couldn't coach them.)  Dawson wants to play at the next level.  The hardest road to the NBA among his finalists goes through Minnesota.

He's not going to Memphis.  Penny's recent problems are just the icing on the cake.  Penny is a nice guy and his name can assemble talent, but there was scant evidence of being able to coach that talent up last year.  Talent will help him hide any deficiencies this season, but no stability has been yet achieved in that program...just a lot of young stars being turned loose to do their thing on the court.  How long until one of his superstars becomes dissatisfied with his minutes and utilization and becomes a locker room cancer?  How many five stars will Dawson have to fight through for minutes?  What upper-class players will he have to battle-test him in practice?  How long before the NCAA creates real problems for Penny's recruitment style?  Just too many questions...Memphis won't make the cut.

He's not going to Marquette.  At the very least, he's wondering what happened with the Hauser brothers and why wasn't Wojo able to work through the conflict and keep two key members of the team?  What caused the late season meltdown last year?  Who's going to transfer before he even gets to campus next year?  Why did Marquette need a buzzer beater in the secret scrimmage to beat a team who ended the game literally playing with their last guard...who hadn't yet even played a college game?  Why did they put Dawson in a powder blue romper and shove him out onto the sidewalk next to a busy street in the middle of Milwaukee?

Stay tuned...in the next few days, he's got at least one if not three tough phone calls to make and then one very happy call to Coach Miller. 😜

Full disclosure...I know very little in this recruitment but I know what I see...and I see a young man who very much likes IU.  How much?  Stay tuned...

Archived