Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

LOL.... I'll give him a pass on the Ketchup kid

Everything is a snapshot taken at the time.  Just like Jared Jeffries, telling his parents before going to bed before announcing the next day, that he was going to Duke.  And waking up the next morning to declare for IU. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

0708 knew about the Sampson buyout two weeks before it became public knowledge. Posted it on the old Scout platform. Even had the buyout amount correct. Then has followed us to HSN.   He is one of those guys, as many here already know, and have just spoken about..... when 0708 speaks, you need to listen.

Just like my wife!

First time posting.......Long time reader. This was posted on the Marquette board earlier today. Take it with a grain of salt, but it seems plausible. Posted by FKfootball

The one person that I talked to that is actually some kind of insider(Not a message board insider), and communicates with people in the program, basically said that he feels strongly that it’s between Indiana and Marquette. And he felt that Dawson enjoyed his visit to Indiana better than any other school, but location was more of a factor than what Dawson has let on, and the fact that his parents can easily see him at Marquette is a big deal. I know that a lot of this stuff is usually “hearsay”, and some of this probably is but this guy is pretty reliable honestly.

4 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

First time posting.......Long time reader. This was posted on the Marquette board earlier today. Take it with a grain of salt, but it seems plausible. Posted by FKfootball

The one person that I talked to that is actually some kind of insider(Not a message board insider), and communicates with people in the program, basically said that he feels strongly that it’s between Indiana and Marquette. And he felt that Dawson enjoyed his visit to Indiana better than any other school, but location was more of a factor than what Dawson has let on, and the fact that his parents can easily see him at Marquette is a big deal. I know that a lot of this stuff is usually “hearsay”, and some of this probably is but this guy is pretty reliable honestly.

He’s a member of this board and referencing another member of this board. Insiderception 

16 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

I think it might be like a 6 hour drive so it will still take some time and effort to go to the games.  Like I said before when talking distance the Watford family drove from Birmingham to Bloomington for most of the games.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think it might be like a 6 hour drive so it will still take some time and effort to go to the games.  Like I said before when talking distance the Watford family drove from Birmingham to Bloomington for most of the games.

And the Watford's wore out two vans doing it.  Where there is a will there is a way.  Only one caveat.  Driving from Birmingham to B-town, offered more better weather conditions than going from Minnesota to B-town in the winter.

23 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

This sounds more plausible than most of the garbage rumors you see in recruiting threads.  Thanks for bringing it.

...and welcome aboard, Maroon!

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of posting on Hoosier Sports Nation....Maroon !

Thanks, I have been reading the posts for awhile, but shied away from posting. This board is a lot more civil than the other boards and may forgive my dyslexia and occasional dangling participle. Staying with the Garcia topic, I think him playing along side TJD next year would be a game changer. He has a unique skill set and would create a lot of matchup problems for opposing teams.

3 hours ago, coachv said:

unc never received any punishment. when is the last time a big-time basketball program was banned from the post season for any reason? the ncaa has lost its teeth and its willingness to go after anyone who stands up to them. remember, just last summer it was widely reported that 6 schools faced punishment from the fbi investigation before this season even started. nothing. just as i predicted

Right no punishment handed down from the NCAA.  It was the cloud hanging over the program. There were many that thought something would happen.   You can't tell me opposing coaches fighting over a recruit with Roy didn't bring it up.  Again just look at his lack of 5 star recruits during that time 

And although there hasn't been any major programs hit with post season bans I can think of several that self imposed(so maybe they would have been banned).  Oh and even though UNC got off free from the NCAA they spent over $21 million to defend that mess.

I'd agree the NCAA is pretty worthless with handing down punishments.   And they are in over their heads right now with everything going on.  

As far as Garcia to Memphis...hopefully he just wants to get Penny's autograph before signing with Archie!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For sure. So its a 5-6 hour drive to Marquette and a 10-10.5 hour drive to Bloomington, however it is a 1.5 hour flight to Indy with the added hour of driving to B-town and add in another hour for airport time and it ends up being 3.5 hours. Obviously, they can fly to Milwaukee too and it wouldn't take as long. 

I just don't see how his decision comes down to location at all. Otherwise, Minny would still have a better shot since it is really close. Plus Marquette's road schedule in the Big East can't be any better on location than ours with so many east coast teams. 

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Regardless of who Dawson chooses, let's show more grace than this group of Illinois fans.  One of those videos that never gets old.

I wound that back three times to laugh at them...just never gets old...🤣

One thing they were likely right about is...he probably did get paid.

Archived