Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

We need to be fed substance in this thread...need some scoop

I'll add some substance. A team with RP.Al at point, Jerome at 2, TJD or Garcia at 3/4 along with Brunk at 5......with Justin, Damezi, Race, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo has big time feels written all over it. Hope the kid makes the right call. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll add some substance. A team with RP.Al at point, Jerome at 2, TJD or Garcia at 3/4 along with Brunk at 5......with Justin, Damezi, Race, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo has big time feels written all over it. Hope the kid makes the right call. 

Agreed best team we've had since Cody was here.  Probably deeper than that team too but obviously no one as good as Cody or Dipo.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And a coach that would know how to be a zone......🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

And a coach that would know how to be a zone......🤷🏼‍♂️

That's always been a tough one with me. Jordy in a sling. Yogi undersized. Cody running the baseline but no one looking for him and no one flashing to middle of the paint at 14 feet to setup. Perfect storm of problems all around. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait better than Yogi, OG, TB, RoJo, Hartman, Ziesloft, Max B, Morgan, and William's? Zero chance.  

Yes.  OG and Morgan weren't anywhere near what they would later become.  Justin will be just as good as Troy and Trayce as a sophomore will be better than Bryant as a frosh.  

5 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes.  OG and Morgan weren't anywhere near what they would later become.  Justin will be just as good as Troy and Trayce as a sophomore will be better than Bryant as a frosh.  

Did you just forget that they won the big ten outright? Did you forget what OG did to Murray in the tourney? 

Smith can't hold Williams jock as of now. 

Jackson Davis I agree would be better. 

Yogi? Max B? Hartman?

Saw it somewhere else, but.. Dawson's mom congratulated Trey's mom on his signing with IU on Facebook.

Somebody asked Trey's mom in the comments if her son thought that Dawson would pick Indiana.

Trey's mom said, "Not sure. But I have a wonderful feeling he will be a part of the Hoosier family!!!!" ... Dawson's mom liked the comment.

Thought I'd post that to get some positive vibes.. Come be a Hoosier, Dawson!!

23 minutes ago, KDB said:

Saw it somewhere else, but.. Dawson's mom congratulated Trey's mom on his signing with IU on Facebook.

Somebody asked Trey's mom in the comments if her son thought that Dawson would pick Indiana.

Trey's mom said, "Not sure. But I have a wonderful feeling he will be a part of the Hoosier family!!!!" ... Dawson's mom liked the comment.

Here we go 😉 a little something to ponder.

36 minutes ago, KDB said:

Moms + Facebook = serious 💩 

1 hour ago, KDB said:

If true. This is fantastic. If Dawson comes we can win a natty championship...no doubt. Come on Dawson!!!

13 hours ago, Candystripes_56 said:

I'd have to say the x-factor would be Archie, by a wide margin

Remember last year when Iowa went to the zone. Now...I still think it took Archie too long to figure it out but even on a team with as little shooting as we have he put Fitzner in the middle (working the foul line area) and we started working the ball to him. He immediately hits a couple little 12-15 footers and makes a couple nice passes....boom...Iowa gets right out of it. Why we make it so difficult is beyond me.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Remember last year when Iowa went to the zone. Now...I still think it took Archie too long to figure it out but even on a team with as little shooting as we have he put Fitzner in the middle (working the foul line area) and we started working the ball to him. He immediately hits a couple little 12-15 footers and makes a couple nice passes....boom...Iowa gets right out of it. Why we make it so difficult is beyond me.

Not to rehash the past but it still blows my mind how Crean didn't do something similar with Cody vs Syracuse. Cody could play mid-range. Yes, Boeheim is the undisputed master of the zone, but at least make him juggle a little bit.

41 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not to rehash the past but it still blows my mind how Crean didn't do something similar with Cody vs Syracuse. Cody could play mid-range. Yes, Boeheim is the undisputed master of the zone, but at least make him juggle a little bit.

Zeller was put at the foul line in that game, but he had zero confidence in his jump shot and refused to shoot it.  Remember, he got at least two charges and probably 3-5 shots blocked when he passes up the wide open foul line jumper for barreling into Cuse’s big men who were sagging off him. 

Archived