Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, there were those two years in the mid-70’s....

You are correct, and I was lucky enough to enjoy those years.

That being said..........for recruits today the mid-70’s were roughly when fire was discovered and humans just started walking upright.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I honestly think it's a bad sign if he's going.  Makes me think they're leaning Marquette but willing to give Archie one last listen.

Another perspective is to never assume, because those that do become surprised.  Go all out, all in if this kid is someone you want in your system.  

I'm more curious to when we will see all thos iubb alumni signing the wall on Twitter.  Great opportunity.  

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I honestly think it's a bad sign if he's going.  Makes me think they're leaning Marquette but willing to give Archie one last listen.

To me it's one last reason to enforce how much we want him and to reiterate why he should choose IU. In instances like today it's HOW you say the message not the message itself. Anyone who has spent time in sales of any kind understands at closing time you want to be confident to the point without actually saying "why wouldn't you do this or choose us"...

Delicate line and balance which separates good from great. Hopefully Archie closes on this one....but either way we're in good shape.

16 hours ago, coachv said:

zeller should have been given the green light to shoot from day one, and as crean used to love to say, "there's no doubt about that". the other thing is, don't camp a guy at the high post. flash a big in there for a few seconds, then get back out if you don't get the ball. weak side wing can flash there too, especially if pass from wing to top of key extended is contested. worse for crean was his perimeter players constantly running around the perimeter and not lined up, and staying lined up with the natural gaps of a zone. move the ball against zone, move the man against man defense. as taught to me by none other than coach knight

As mchenry said zeller just did not take many shots from 15 or so out for whatever reason in college.  I agree that with the exception of Sheehey we weren't good at flashing in and out of the zone or along the base line.

19 minutes ago, BEKA said:

I'll stop stalking this plane shortly, but FWIW, Flying Cloud is the airport closest to Prior Lake. I think I need another hobby. 

Nope stalk away. Next we'll be debating the length of that plane being on the ground. If Archie lands and plane is headed back within an hour....meltdown. If the visit is a lengthy one we'll speculate even more on two things. First...Garcia's must really like Archie,etc.....or Secondly Archie had to talk so long to convince him to choose us. We can go about 3 directions. Haha.

If that plane returns within an hour of landing. Not good. Haha...

Archived