Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I love how you can spin everything in recruiting up till the signed papers into just about anything. I love the anxiety it causes, the ulcers, the sleeplessness, it’s just all so fun.

It's awesome isn't it? It's like smoking. Not much downside at all, right? Haha....I told myself a few years ago I was going to back off the recruiting ledge. Here I am front and center again. 

1 minute ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Bottom line is he's had a LOT of time to commit and sign to Marquette, and he hasn't yet.

Doesn't mean he won't still go there, but I think Archie is visiting today because he's still truly undecided.

Maybe they have plans to watch the Wisconsin/Marquette game together so Archie can show him everything MU is doing wrong.

Good point and one I hadn't thought of yet. The timing is certainly interesting that he'll be visiting right in the middle of Marquette's game. 

People had said he was ready to pull the trigger for IU after the visit but his parents wanted him to wait and decide when he wasn’t in the heat of the moment after visiting all universities.

hadn’t heard this same stuff after his MU visit. Maybe we haven’t heard it cause this isn’t a MU board BUT my guess is Archies visit will help seal the deal for IU and show Dawson’s parents we truly believe on your so and want him. 

I hope we land this guy.  Next year looks like a really solid, multiple years on campus, type of class.  That would be 3 really solid classes in a row.  That sets the table to have some veterans on the team and some guys to throw the ball to if you were looking to lure say a 5* pg from southern Indiana....

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I hope we land this guy.  Next year looks like a really solid, multiple years on campus, type of class.  That would be 3 really solid classes in a row.  That sets the table to have some veterans on the team and some guys to throw the ball to if you were looking to lure say a 5* pg from southern Indiana....

If we land Dawson...we will go into next season with huge but very real expectations. Think about it - we don’t lose much for next year and add in a top 20 maybe top 10 recruiting class and expectations will be high 

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sealing the deal, with some of Mrs. Leal's meatloaf.  LOL

I actually had added a second part to my sentence about Mrs. Garcia’s meatloaf but then deleted it before posting because I thought it might sound a little too euphemistic.

Glad you went there tho!

Archived