Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ostrom :  "Hey coach. Dawson wants to fax his LOI to us today.  And asked us to stay quite till he announces on the 20th."

Miller : "We ain't waiting no stinkin fax.  Order up that plane.  We're going to get it ourselves." "IU has the largest BB budget in the BIG for nothing". "We have to stay quiet till he announces either way. "

--------------------------------------------

In my dreams  LOL

2 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Bottom line is he's had a LOT of time to commit and sign to Marquette, and he hasn't yet.

Doesn't mean he won't still go there, but I think Archie is visiting today because he's still truly undecided.

Maybe they have plans to watch the Wisconsin/Marquette game together so Archie can show him everything MU is doing wrong.

A lot of material in this game. Both teams look bad.

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Is DG committing on the 20th or just by the 20th?  I don’t recall seeing anything definitive on that.  Sorry if I missed it.

I haven't seen anything either, but it seems logical that he would sign a LOI at the same time as the 20th is the last day of the signing period.  Why commit now and wait until Spring signing period to sign the LOI?  If he wasn't ready to sign an LOI, why commit on the last day of the signing period?  I think you would just wait on committing.

BTW from experience whenever we on this board are talking about flight plans, etc., we are really desperate!

1 minute ago, slojoe said:

I haven't seen anything either, but it seems logical that he would sign a LOI at the same time as the 20th is the last day of the signing period.  Why commit now and wait until Spring signing period to sign the LOI?  If he wasn't ready to sign an LOI, why commit on the last day of the signing period?  I think you would just wait on committing.

BTW from experience whenever we on this board are talking about flight plans, etc., we are really desperate!

Agree but I was really wondering if he might commit earlier than the 20th.  Like today would be nice!  Sign today too!

12 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/1196140880132001793

"Source: Memphis’ Penny Hardaway will complete an in-home visit this evening with top-40 forward Dawson Garcia" 

Looks like Archie isn't the only one flying to Minnesota today. 

I’m surprised Penny didn’t drive up to Minnesota in a moving truck. 

13 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

"Source: Memphis’ Penny Hardaway will complete an in-home visit this evening with top-40 forward Dawson Garcia" 

Hmm. This leads me to believe that the family isn't committing to anything or anyone today. Otherwise, why have two coaches make special trips in? 

15 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

Penny is wasting his time here.  This is a two horse race and has been for a long time

1 minute ago, BEKA said:

Hmm. This leads me to believe that the family isn't committing to anything or anyone today. Otherwise, why have two coaches make special trips in? 

I believe there was talk of Memphis making a visit today a couple of weeks ago (before it was suggested we would do so).  I don't believe the Garcias intended to finalize their decision today (JMO).

Archived