Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

To quote someone on the trip today...”Visit went very well!”  That was said with a huge smile on their face also.

Much appreciated as always.  Frankly, if Garcia is looking at the competing products on the floor, he's got to feel really good about IU.  Marquette looked like manure today and that's just going to get worse with Howard gone next year.  Meanwhile, I suspect Howard is going to start regretting staying as defenses are going to key on him all year long.

What’s done is done. I have not and will not question the work ethic of this coaching staff in regards to recruiting, especially when there’s a player they really, really want! 

getting positive vibes thus far with the 4-0 start. Results will only help us in future recruiting battles. Right now? Trending ^^^

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yes.  All the best to Coach Crean.  He... was willing to take the job after the Sampsongate fiasco.  When others. Were not willing.  And then instead of terminating his first season. And given a cupboard with literally scrapes on the shelf... gave me... not one, but two very entertaining teams. Despite the talent given to him.  And let's not forget. Coach Crean, despite the cards that were handed to him.... actually took IU to the NCAAT. 

Put him in the rear view mirror. But never forget what he accomplished here.... when other bigger name coaches refused to take the job on.

Amen Mile!  Love Coach Miller and crew but will not forget what Coach Crean did for the program.

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Could make sense if he only got info during this recruitment, but he seems to have a source all of the time. He said he heard from somebody “on the trip” and I thought it was just Ostrom and CAM. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I’ve honestly never thought about who goes on these trips. Is it just the coaches or are others involved? 

I happened to go to the HH event at the Bluebird. The Leal's and India Franklin were in attendance, and got a great round of applause when introduced.

I was fortunate to meet Mrs Leal afterward. Wanted to thank her for raising a great young man,  who "gets" what IU basketball is all about. I told her that many of us believe that CAM is on the verge of getting a great team together, and look forward to having Anthony, Armaan, and hopefully Dawson. (Have to admit, I got a little emotional at the time...) She told me that they get that emotional too when they reflect on what a great opportunity for their son, and for them to be part of the IU Family.

She also mentioned without prompting, that "we're working on the Garcia's". Made we wonder how many Marquette players families are making any effort to talk to the Garcia's about being part of the MU "family"? (and no...I didn't ask her for any insights on the chances of Dawson coming here, out of respect for her private conversations with the Garcia's)

This is just a thinking out loud comment. My guess is a decision has been made but the normal insiders or folks will remain very generic the next couple of days. No need to steal a kids thunder ala Rabby. Hopefully Garcia says yes to us but I wouldn't take silence as any indicator over the next 48 hours. Goes with the territory as we get closer to decision.

10 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’d prefer something more positive is all. Not sounding like it’s back to up on the air between us and Marquette.

Guess we will find out shortly on his decision.  Even though it would be disappointing not to get him I think the coaching staff has done everything they could to land him.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is just a thinking out loud comment. My guess is a decision has been made but the normal insiders or folks will remain very generic the next couple of days. No need to steal a kids thunder ala Rabby. Hopefully Garcia says yes to us but I wouldn't take silence as any indicator over the next 48 hours. Goes with the territory as we get closer to decision.

Have any idea how he will announce and at what time on the 20th

Archived