Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Chris007 on that board called the TJD commitment well in advance. He’s been right about several others as well. He usually has good intel but no one is 100% all the time. 

Well he did not really come out and say anything besides it is 50/50 right now so tome that is not saying anything.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If I was Dawson I would be more interested in why the Hauser bros transferred out and several others the past few years under Wojo...and why their team chemistry etc fizzled at the end of last year. https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2019/4/16/18346991/all-that-glitters-isnt-golden-marquette-golden-eagles-transfer-problem-sam-joey-hauser

I'll add that -if- anyone in the Garcia camp checks message boards, it's worth noting that after the WI loss yesterday there were several posts bitching about Wojo.  It really seems like the MU fanbase is vocally divided on him.  At least so far this season, Archie seems to be getting almost unanimous positive support.

43 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

My gut says IU, IU prepares him better for both development and his future with IU and the NBA than what Marquette can.  Yes MU can give him tons of shots due to Howard departing however I view the Howard situation similar to Carson Edwards.  Edwards will be a depth guy for his entire career in the NBA, no not a starter or 6th man but he'll get a few mins night in/night out and bounce between the G-League and NBA when the Celtics are fully healthy.  Howard will be very similar to what Edwards path is in the NBA IMO. 

I do wonder what IU is selling in terms of playing time and number of shots. Does Marquette have that much of an advantage here?

Green and Davis will be gone....and I hate to say this prematurely, but will TJD be coming back? And if that's the case, from Dawson's perspective is it more of a selling point to be playing with TJD or without him?

Maybe because it's what i'm hoping for but I think a line-up with TJD will allow him to thrive in his Freshman year. In my biased opinion a line-up of Garcia, TJD, Hunter, Al and Rob is much better than anything Marquette will have to offer. Even if it's a potentially drop off in his production, you'd have to think his efficiency will be way up because opposing defenses won't be keying in on him as much as they would at Marquette.  You'd have to think think he'd be third or fourth on 'targets' opposing defenses will key in on - behind Rob, TJD and possibly Al. 

...just thinking out loud again. 

edit: crap, I forgot about Justin in that line up! (I'll substitute him for Hunter for now)

4 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'll add that -if- anyone in the Garcia camp checks message boards, it's worth noting that after the WI loss yesterday there were several posts bitching about Wojo.  It really seems like the MU fanbase is vocally divided on him.  At least so far this season, Archie seems to be getting almost unanimous positive support.

We havent lost a game yet brother! Wait till that happens 😂

5 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Going to be a fun couple of days over analyzing everything to determine which way DG is leaning. :snack:

We can talk about the players wanting instant playing time, but fans are even worse wanting instant information.

That is what makes this commitment so perfect....DG would fit beautifully next to Smith and TJD next year and we would all be instantly happy to see that happen!! Honestly...IU would have the opportunity to be favored to win the B1G next year with whom we would roll out there.

15 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Well to be fair after our first loss there will be plenty of our fans doing the same about archie.

I like our chances. The connections we have with Dawson imo are just as strong as Minnesota or Marquette honestly. We have an assistant coach from Minnesota, kid from his AAU program in Race Thompson, and USA bunk mates in Trey Galloway and Anthony Leal. We have just as many ties to Garcia as any.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He was talking about the weekend before I think.  No the in home.

If Wade makes the difference maybe we should had that Hoosier Hysteric weekend on the weekend of Garcia's visit LOL!.  From what I have seen the Garcia's are not going to make a huge decision like this just based on one former player being there.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Chris007 on that board called the TJD commitment well in advance. He’s been right about several others as well. He usually has good intel but no one is 100% all the time. 

I've read these boards for over 10 years and there's 3 people I've learned to really trust.  One is birdman who doesn't post anymore as far as I know and the others are Sam and Chris.  He might be wrong about Dwade but that would be a rarity for him.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If I was Dawson I would be more interested in why the Hauser bros transferred out and several others the past few years under Wojo...and why their team chemistry etc fizzled at the end of last year. https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2019/4/16/18346991/all-that-glitters-isnt-golden-marquette-golden-eagles-transfer-problem-sam-joey-hauser

Well, in all fairness, he could ask the same questions about IU last year.  Losing 12 out of 13, year end transfers, team chemistry issues....it looks like a lot of that is trending up this year but we haven’t lost yet 😳

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If Wade makes the difference maybe we should had that Hoosier Hysteric weekend on the weekend of Garcia's visit LOL!.  From what I have seen the Garcia's are not going to make a huge decision like this just based on one former player being there.

Anybody will be impressed if they fly in an NBA guy for your visit but given the current coach did not develop him really doesn't mean much imo. I assume the initial high wore off by now.

Archived