Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've read these boards for over 10 years and there's 3 people I've learned to really trust.  One is birdman who doesn't post anymore as far as I know and the others are Sam and Chris.  He might be wrong about Dwade but that would be a rarity for him.

What about jcbasketball..I believe that was his name...I remember another one was bigten11..unless he uses a different name now

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Well, in all fairness, he could ask the same questions about IU last year.  Losing 12 out of 13, year end transfers, team chemistry issues....it looks like a lot of that is trending up this year but we haven’t lost yet 😳

We didn't have our 2nd and 3rd best player transfer (and one could argue their best player just not their biggest scorer)...just some kids that weren't seeing playing time. Yes...we struggled...we had tons of injuries but should have won a few of those games. That said we didn't have a team that was favored to win their conference last year nor a coach with history of losing major contributors to his team to transfer who have gone on to play well at other schools. Question..does Garcia fit best there or here....with another 5* playing the post for us next year and veteran guards and AAU mates on the team. I think Garcia would fit best here...hope he thinks the same.

4 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Well, in all fairness, he could ask the same questions about IU last year.  Losing 12 out of 13, year end transfers, team chemistry issues....it looks like a lot of that is trending up this year but we haven’t lost yet 😳

Losing 2 bit player who want playing time can be viewed much differently than your 2nd and 3rd leading scorers who were also 2 and 3 in minutes played.

And the chemistry issues haven't ever been substantiated in my book.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We didn't have our 2nd and 3rd best player transfer (and one could argue their best player just not their biggest scorer)...just some kids that weren't seeing playing time. Yes...we struggled...we had tons of injuries but should have won a few of those games. That said we didn't have a team that was favored to win their conference last year nor a coach with history of losing major contributors to his team to transfer who have gone on to play well at other schools. Question..does Garcia fit best there or here....with another 5* playing the post for us next year and veteran guards and AAU mates on the team. I think Garcia would fit best here...hope he thinks the same.

You beat me to it!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

We didn't have our 2nd and 3rd best player transfer...just some kids that weren't seeing playing time. Yes...we struggled...we had tons of injuries but should have won a few of those games. That said we didn't have a team that was favored to win their conference last year nor a coach with histories of losing major contributors to his team to transfer who have gone on to play well at other schools. Question..does Garcia fit best there or here....with another 5* playing the post for us next year and veteran guards and AAU mates on the team. I think Garcia would fit best here...hope he thinks the same.

Oh for sure, he fits better at IU.  There is no doubt.  It also sounds like he has family surrounding him that has his best interests in mind.  Whatever decision is made will be well thought out and most likely the best situation for him as a person and player.  We all hope it is IU and will find out in a couple days....

What is going on here because it has been an hour without any post in this thread.  If we can have a candle light vigil waiting for Moses Abraham then we can do one for Dawson LOL!.  Since I don't go to other teams message boards I wonder how much traffic is on the Marquette boards about this recruitment.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is going on here because it has been an hour without any post in this thread.  If we can have a candle light vigil waiting for Moses Abraham then we can do one for Dawson LOL!.  Since I don't go to other teams message boards I wonder how much traffic is on the Marquette boards about this recruitment.

I do like to check other fan boards. All the time.  Comparing free boards, since we are free. The Marq. 247 free board started a thread on Dawson in July of last year. It has ten pages.

And you think one hour is bad ?  It's been 20 hours since any one posted on the thread.  It's as if their free board members, did not even know about the visits this weekend.

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

☺️🤭🤔🤫😎

Let me break this down emoji usage.  We were tickled to death to make his final 7, was made fun of for being considered a possibility in signing Garcia, Minny was the clear cut favorite to land Garcia at one point, made up some ground and now we are in the drivers seat just patiently waiting for a commitment from Mr Garcia come Wednesday? Got It!

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

MUScoops "Hangin at the Al" has a pretty robust thread about it under "Recruiting as of 10/15/19". Same as us. Lots of hopeful posts just like us.

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

MUScoops "Hangin at the Al" has a pretty robust thread about it under "Recruiting as of 10/15/19". Same as us. Lots of hopeful posts just like us.

That's the one I've looked at a few times.  IMO, there's very few fanbases with more online activity or social media presence than IU - I just don't think it is a factor for recruits.

Archived