Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bearswind said:

Yeah but that was a fairly random commitment, not one that had a set announcement or quite as much fanfare.

If we're playing the, "well he picked this, too" game, Slater is 93% on the year. 

And he has 36 hours to change his mind.

let me know when IU guys or Meyer pick something 

Hoping whatever is going on with the pick to Marquette is just a matter of the family doing a really good job at making people think they are leaning one way, but then throw the curve ball in our favor on decision day (with our staff already knowing we have him in the bag)....could just be wishful thinking on my part, but heck, it’s a possibility. 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Hoping whatever is going on with the pick to Marquette is just a matter of the family doing a really good job at making people think they are leaning one way, but then throw the curve ball in our favor on decision day (with our staff already knowing we have him in the bag)....could just be wishful thinking on my part, but heck, it’s a possibility. 

Would really be nice, but his family doesn’t seem the type to mess with something like that. Still holding out hope

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

For a player like Dawson who is a high 4-star and usually stay in college for 2-3 years, player development would be the most important factor for the decision. Of course parents want to see his son's games, but that can't be the most critical factor. Hopefully Archie sold his plan and vision to Garcia family better than Wojo. 

As far as being able to see games of course Minnesota would be the best choice it’s half hour away or so...but how far is too far to drive?? For example all these distances I’d say are reasonable I’d say. Road games Minnesota 30 mins, Iowa 4 1/2 hours, Wisconsin 4 1/2 hours, Nebraska 8hrs, Northwestern 6 1/2 hrs, and Illinois 8 hrs. Those aren’t terrible and flights can be found cheap too so really even at IU there are plenty of games close to home for him.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hey. Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

Thanks! Haven't figured out how to like comments yet.

19 minutes ago, JugRox said:

And he has 36 hours to change his mind.

let me know when IU guys or Meyer pick something 

Have some friends who are knowledgeable who are... Let's say pessimistic. Garcia confirmed he has made his decision tonight, so it's probably not Slater simply changing his mind but rather receiving some info. 

Quite sadly, I think we're close to adding this to the lengthy list of painful second places in recent iubb history. 

1 minute ago, bearswind said:

Have some friends who are knowledgeable who are... Let's say pessimistic. Garcia confirmed he has made his decision tonight, so it's probably not Slater simply changing his mind but rather receiving some info. 

Quite sadly, I think we're close to adding this to the lengthy list of painful second places in recent iubb history. 

Jared Jeffries made his mind up for Duke the day before he announced.

8 minutes ago, bearswind said:

Connected to Who??

Archived