Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

Just now, Bedford1432 said:

And you have first has information he is not coming to iu from Garcia himself? 

No, I don't think ever said that. Garcia said in an interview tonight he made his decision. A flurry of picks have come in Marquette, including from some folks I know who are typically in the know. Perhaps I made this unclear but that's the bulk of my knowledge.

I certainly don't know, and I obviously haven't heard a thing myself from any "source". Just sharing what I've seen, read, and been told. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Can’t for the life of me even if I wasn’t an iu fan, understand Marquette over Indiana.

I can't either...I remember before Anthony Leal committed, and some were saying Stanford might have the upper hand. My only thought was, really?

The only advantage Marquette has is proximity, and in my eyes that's negated because it's friggin Milwaukee.

If he is going to Marquette I for one can not understand how any player could make the decision to go to Marquette over IU.  With him saying how the IU fan base is the best an dhow he loves IU and then goes elsewhere would be a little strange to me.  They posted so much pictures on their visit to IU and loved how the fans showed them love on the visit.  I have not seen anything like that posted about any of his other visits especially Marquette so to me it looked like they favored IU.

10 minutes ago, bearswind said:

No, I don't think ever said that. Garcia said in an interview tonight he made his decision. A flurry of picks have come in Marquette, including from some folks I know who are typically in the know. Perhaps I made this unclear but that's the bulk of my knowledge.

I certainly don't know, and I obviously haven't heard a thing myself from any "source". Just sharing what I've seen, read, and been told. 

Well if true so much four our leal connection. We really do seem to finish second a lot 

28 minutes ago, bearswind said:

Thanks! Haven't figured out how to like comments yet.

Have some friends who are knowledgeable who are... Let's say pessimistic. Garcia confirmed he has made his decision tonight, so it's probably not Slater simply changing his mind but rather receiving some info. 

Quite sadly, I think we're close to adding this to the lengthy list of painful second places in recent iubb history. 

The 247 guys are 2 Duke kids and a South Dakota State guy.... lol

not saying he is going to IU, but I’ll believe it when someone with a little more pull chimes in.

sorry....the “North Dakota State” insider 

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

Andrew Slater logged a crystal ball pick for Marquette right after this....

Not buying he knows something.  This is not a Marquette insider he's an Acc homer that is just throwing out his guess.   As tight as the Garcia's have been about where they're at I just can't see anyone letting this slip out.

Go Hoosiers!!!

35 minutes ago, bearswind said:

Thanks! Haven't figured out how to like comments yet.

Have some friends who are knowledgeable who are... Let's say pessimistic. Garcia confirmed he has made his decision tonight, so it's probably not Slater simply changing his mind but rather receiving some info. 

Quite sadly, I think we're close to adding this to the lengthy list of painful second places in recent iubb history. 

Knowledgeable how so?  Always find it interesting to hear from someone that creates an account just to post a nugget like this.  No offense but this comes off as Trollish to me.

Go Hoosiers!!!

8 minutes ago, JugRox said:

The 247 guys are 2 Duke kids and a South Dakota State guy.... lol

not saying he is going to IU, but I’ll believe it when someone with a little more pull chimes in.

Slater is that guy. I've watched many a pundit on that site follow his lead, even Jerry Meyer. Slater was the first to call the Garland flip to Vanderbilt.The only guy with more pull is probably Evan Daniels.

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Knowledgeable how so?  Always find it interesting to hear from someone that creates an account just to post a nugget like this.  No offense but this comes off as Trollish to me.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I'll vouch for him, he's a good dude from the main site I frequent. I know this place holds CoachSS in high regard; Sam has said there he's of the belief Garcia will pop for Marquette.

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Slater is that guy. I've watched many a pundit on that site follow his lead, even Jerry Meyer. Slater was the first to call the Garland flip to Vanderbilt.The only guy with more pull is probably Evan Daniels.

What???

Dude, Slater is the king of picking a school way in advance and changing at the last minute.

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I'll vouch for him, he's a good dude from the main site I frequent. I know this place holds CoachSS in high regard; Sam has said there he's of the belief Garcia will pop for Marquette.

That’s probably good for IU.... lol

i kid, I kid......

Archived