Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Man why did I buy into the hype. That losing streak last year must be killing us.  No other reason I can see why we are losing these guys.

Man I hear ya.  After Brooks I said I'd stop getting my hopes up but I did it again.  

I dunno about the losing streak but I'm sure not making the tourney played a part.  Hell maybe it was this crap cupcake schedule.   Oh well.

Go Hoosiers!!!

17 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I'll vouch for him, he's a good dude from the main site I frequent. I know this place holds CoachSS in high regard; Sam has said there he's of the belief Garcia will pop for Marquette.

Thanks, Maedhros. Good to see you over here!

Jug, I think it was you who told me to ping you when Meyer made his pick? Well... I've got bad news my friend.

No doubt this lowers our ceiling next year. But I think the team has looked great this year. And if Race can take a huge step forward, perhaps this won't hurt as much as it does right now. 

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

This basically makes Furst and Kaufmann both must gets.  I'll be shocked if Trayce is here for a 3rd year.

I’d be tempted to try and get both of them and a bigger bodied center as well. Since Smith, TJD, and Brunk will all likely be gone to graduation or the NBA.

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I know they could play together just had heard multiple times that they weren’t likely to go to the same college. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

That has been said but who knows the reason. I’ve also heard that in other recruitments and the two players do end up at the same school. So until players commit you never know.

18 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Man I hear ya.  After Brooks I said I'd stop getting my hopes up but I did it again.  

I dunno about the losing streak but I'm sure not making the tourney played a part.  Hell maybe it was this crap cupcake schedule.   Oh well.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Brooks and garland for me. Probably best to just ignore internet chatter. Always seems somebody loves our chances but we lose out. 

Hopefully we don’t get a lot of “he is selfish and wants to be the man” or “all he cares about is making money in the evil NBA” posts. By all appearances he and his family seem like good folks. Maybe he just likes the coach, players, school  and wants to be closer to home. 

Still hoping he shockingly picks us but if he does not, as it appears, that does not mean we lost because him because of some nefarious reasons

2 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Hopefully we don’t get a lot of “he is selfish and wants to be the man” or “all he cares about is making money in the evil NBA” posts. By all appearances he and his family seem like good folks. Maybe he just likes the coach, players, school  and wants to be closer to home. 

Still hoping he shockingly picks us but if he does not, as it appears, that does not mean we lost because him because of some nefarious reasons

Looks like Darius Garland all over again.  I never thought we had a prayer and we appear to have been played yet again.

Well, looks like Mr. Garcia has flipped quickly from likely to a long shot.  It is what it is.  Announcement coming Wednesday afternoon.  Would love to see a huge surprise but If 2020 is a class of three, that's balance to me...opens up another spot in a loaded 2021 class, which isn't all bad either.  This team looks like a team I can love.  I don't really see a drop-off next year either.  Build it and they will come.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Looks like Darius Garland all over again.  I never thought we had a prayer and we appear to have been played yet again.

Garland almost had a vindictive, laugh at us, feel.
Garcia seems to have a genuine connection with IU recruits and the school as does his family. I don’t have the same feeling.

Archived